User Tag List

First 1234 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I do not think this should be a legal issue, but rather a character flaw - for instance, you shouldn't be able to prosecute your bf for being a deadbeat slob, but you might consider leaving him...

It would be different in cases where you are unable to leave - I could understand it for children, for example.
    -end of thread-

At a site devoted to psychological types you would think we would all be against psychological violence.

And not only would you think we would be against psychological violence but that we would understand it.

You would think that we would know that the most damaging psychological violence is done to children.

And you would think we would know that the damaged are damaging.

But, oh no.

Having been damaged ourselves as children we are determined to perpetuate it.

Having been damaged as children we are incapable of creativity or empathy and must use a prosthesis called MBTI to simply talk to one another.

We are emotional and psychological cripples and MBTI is our crutches.

Fortunately in France their child rearing practices have improved to the point where they have outlawed psychological violence.

But the rest of us lag behind and are still psychologically crippling our children, just as we have been crippled ourselves. And so are ripe pickings for the American business cult of MBTI.

Go France.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

^this is why i love victor. And also why I think Nietzsche could have been INFP

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    At a site devoted to psychological types you would think we would all be against psychological violence.

And not only would you think we would be against psychological violence but that we would understand it.

You would think that we would know that the most damaging psychological violence is done to children.

But, oh no.

Having been damaged as children we are incapable of creativity or empathy and must use a prosthesis called MBTI to simply talk to one another.

Fortunately in France their child rearing practices have improved to the point where they have outlawed psychological violence.

But the rest of us lag behind and are still psychologically crippling our children, just as we have been crippled ourselves. And so are ripe pickings for the American cult of MBTI.

Go France.
    you've never, in you life, ever worked on a team. have you

criticism a necessity if you are to grow. if there are no disagreements, there is no growth unless you are a potted plant waiting to be watered on by the next drunk that comes along

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

But, oh no.

But the rest of us lag behind and are still psychologically crippling our children, just as we have been crippled ourselves. And so are ripe pickings for the American cult of MBTI.

Go France.
    I'm curious as to your focus of the effects on children when the legislation is not dealing with children.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Great.

I don't think they are trying to pass the law so that the government can interfere, per se, but so that there are laws set in place so that if the abused spouse wants to press charges, she'll have grounds to do so.
    Good answer.

I think the title is misleading, since this law will only aim to ban chronic psychological violence (Ie same behavior repeated over and over again). Despite many claims here, constantly yelling at people is damaging (especially when children are involved, just as Victor noticed), and not only to your ears and vocal cords.

Furthermore, we French do not have the culture of law you have in the US: We do not press charges at our neighbours for a yes or a no, we negociate first. Thus, it won't be the technical nightmare it could become in states like California.

So in the end, the effect of this law will be far more moderate than what you imagine it will. And if it can help to improve our domestic behaviors and become more civilized, then so it be.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGray View Post
    I'm curious as to your focus of the effects on children when the legislation is not dealing with children.
    It is.

Victor was spot on.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Sniffles

And so are ripe pickings for the American cult of MBTI.
    Fuh fuh fuh.

You'd be best to focus more on the problems in your own country before you decide to attack Americans.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

This sounds very strange. I have some french friends, and the haven't mentioned this... This proposition sounds a bit like a joke, to be honest...
    I shout at everything and everybody when the situation "calls for it" (Ok, - when I loose control and feel powerless. ) I would probably go to yelling death row. Wonder if the law will apply to tourists as well :steam:
    I have no sense of humour.

Default "Little Children Are Sacred" and "The Fabrication of Aboriginal History".

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Fuh fuh fuh.

You'd be best to focus more on the problems in your own country before you decide to attack Americans.
    It's important to remember that institutional slavery was only abolished for the first time in history by the House of Commons in 1833.

And that women only gained the vote for the first time in history in Australia and New Zealand in 1901.

And that child abuse was only prosecuted for the first time in Criminal Courts in the West in the last two decades.

And it is only in the last few years that the Australian Government brought down the report, "Little Children are Sacred". And we are spending billions of dollars involving social workers, doctors, the police and the military to address this problem.

And you might recall that that the Irish Government has brought down the Ryan Report and the Dublin report, both on child abuse in Ireland just recently.

And very unfortunately it was Irish Roman Catholic priests, Bishops, Archbishops and Cardinals who brought child abuse rings to Australia and covered it up.

And even more tragically we are discovering that Aboriginal culture has been practising child abuse and the brutal abuse of Aboriginal women for thousands of years.

Of course there are those who are still trying to cover it up to protect their institutions from scandal and to preserve their assets.

But with, "The Little Children are Sacred Report", "The Fabrication of Aboriginal History", by Keith Windshuttle, followed by the Ryan Report and the Dublin Report, the cat is out of the bag.