User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    If this surprises you, then you haven't been paying attention.
    No, it doesn't surprise me. It makes me

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    This ongoing manhunt for a cartoonist of all people is evidence that there is a huge cultural conflict between the West and Islamic nations that isn't going to be easily solved.
    The issue is quite simple; the exact same beliefs and practices which are most necessary for a liberal democracy to function (freedom of religion, freedom of speech, and equality under the law) are the very issues which are the most taboo within orthodox Islam. Most Muslims are not violent and are decent people aside from these terrible beliefs, but the religious orthodoxy (especially the jihad doctrine) makes the general population of orthodox Muslims a de-facto support network, ideological incubator, and recruitment pool for jihadist terrorism.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

unless you are in the war zone most people who are scared of terrorists are pussies or overreactors.

now crazy people in general, desperate poor people/homeless, hardcore gangsters, those who collect pokimon cards over 16 years old, corrupt cops and the governments in general is what is most scary. When it comes to killing governments really know how to churn out the numbers.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Some people need a humor transplant. It seems that their original sense of humor has atrophied.

Miserable people want everyone around them to be miserable as well.

A bunch of whiny, miserable, babies, throwing a temper tantrum.
    I was going to say the exact same thing. I drew a picture of Muhammad too but the extremeists never found my photobucket so no publicity and death threats for me.

8<

MBTI
    INTj

It only takes a very small number of these people to terrorize a population enough to impose their will on them. Look at places like Afghanistan.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    It only takes a very small number of these people to terrorize a population enough to impose their will on them. Look at places like Afghanistan.
    Which is why the current fashion of extreme political correctness, pisses me off.

MBTI
    NICE

In 2008, Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden said Europe would be punished for the cartoons. Denmark's Muslim community makes up about 3 percent of the 5.5 million population.
    It's a good job the fellow that penned this piece of wizardry at Reuters is a journalist and not a statistician. This is a good example of how failure to make meaningful distinctions in a population gives birth to half truths.

The relevant distinction is not how many Muslims (kindly given in percentile form) are in Denmark, rather the absolute number that are likely to be Jihadis. The fact that Muslims extremists are to be found in a general population of Muslims should surprise no one any more than saying a white Danish neo-nazi is liable to be a member of the 51% of Danes that call themselves Christians. (The 51% is a made up statistic. Sorry. )

The overall affect of this framing is apparent in some of the communities in the UK, particularly Leeds and Bradford, where aggregating whole communities as potential Muslim extremists creates the one thing you do not want: a fertile recruiting ground for Jihadists in marginalised populations.

If the cloths fit, wear them.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    The overall affect of this framing is apparent in some of the communities in the UK, particularly Leeds and Bradford, where aggregating whole communities as potential Muslim extremists creates the one thing you do not want: a fertile recruiting ground for Jihadists in marginalised populations.
    The most important question is not how many Danish Muslims are violent, but rather how many Danish Muslims believe in laws against blasphemy.

There are many marginalized populations in the world, but most don't find relatively easy theological justification for venting their grievances (real or perceived) through terrorism; ignoring the need for a massive religious reform movement within the Muslim world just perpetuates the problem.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    And you gotta admit it kinda works. When was the last time you saw the prophet in an offensive cartoon compare to Jesus. Cartoonists and their publishers are total pussies when push comes to shove.
    And inadvertently they prove that terrorism works
    I'm not clever enough to have a signature.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

YouTube - Muslim Sensitivity Training in South Park

No Sex

No Jacking Off

Lives in Sand

Yeh, I'd probably be pretty pissed off too.