User Tag List

First 12

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Hell, my TV isn't even hooked up. To be honest, I don't even know if it works anymore.

When I say that, most people scrutinize me to see if I am kidding, and when they realize I am serious, they kind of shake their head at me.

On the other hand, I've kind of replaced TV with the Internet, but I'm happy to say that the quality is (usually) better, more entertaining, and with real people. I also usually learn something or several things each time, as opposed to TV, where I feel like I'm just wasting my time.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I can relate to the thread, despite being an American.

When I was a kid, and when I watched T.V., it felt like there was some real, quality programming. I remember growing up to shows like The Adventures of Pete & Pete, Doug, Hey Arnold, shows that had REAL substance. Doug Funnie? Most mature sixth-grader I've EVER seen and he's not even real. Those shows provided me with good examples of how to live life, and looking at just children's programming, you have retarded shows that try to exploit children left and right.

Don't even get me started on "reality" television:
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmLiryM-0Ys&feature=related"]Guido Show[/YOUTUBE]
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    yea what is viewing is rubbish, really rubbish, but then if you look at older stuff its not so great either... it is how TV sits within other media/choices....
    Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    When I was a kid, and when I watched T.V., it felt like there was some real, quality programming.
    I think it's easier to get the wow-factor and feel excited about movies and TV-shows when growing up. You haven't been saturated by the same old same old storylines and characters. When you've seen enough of them and get older, not that many things have the same effect anymore. Sure, you can feel excited if some things really stand out but you notice the patterns much more acutely, you get into them with more depth and you're able to analyze and see behind all the bells and whistles, and in a way you can already predict how things are going to go.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I think it's easier to get the wow-factor and feel excited about movies and TV-shows when growing up. You haven't been saturated by the same old same old storylines and characters. When you've seen enough of them and get older, not that many things have the same effect anymore. Sure, you can feel excited if some things really stand out but you notice the patterns much more acutely, you get into them with more depth and you're able to analyze and see behind all the bells and whistles, and in a way you can already predict how things are going to go.
    This is how my childhood died

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post

Don't even get me started on "reality" television:
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmLiryM-0Ys&feature=related"]Guido Show[/YOUTUBE]
    :barf: EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I freaking HATE these kinds of people. UGH: Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Titanic = ya kinda know what is gonna happen
    Christmas Carol = again know whats going to happen
    Pride and Prejudice = yawn

it all gets a bit samey

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I still like TV. I'm watching "Tosca" tonight on PBS.
    Tomorrow, I'm watching or at least listening to baritone Thomas Hampson sing American songs. I love his voice.
    And I love opera.
    So I am well entertained.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.