User Tag List

Thread: RATM UK No. 1

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Thumbs up RATM UK No. 1

A group started on facebook, rage against the machine for Christmas no. 1 has suceeded! The group caught the silent majority's voice who are tired of the commercialized karaoke of x-factor that has dominated the charts. The buying public and followers of x-factor could be called a phenominom because they are not representative of true music fans and are instead only filling the media with trash and lining Simon Cowells pockets. Kudos to the UK for taking the power back.

Makes me happy. Love the power of the internet to start of random stuff like this.

FANTASTIC!!!

I was so worried they wouldnt succeed, I forgot to buy a copy and the group I supported as a fan on Facebook cant have been the real group, it didnt have upwards of two or three hundred people linked to it.

I was a huge RATM fan back in the day, this is for definite? I wonder how they'll Christmasify it, will it be like the one by East Seventeen when they put those four thugs in Santa Robes and tried not to pay much attention to the fact the song wasnt about Christmas at all but someone leaving.

Ginkgo

It seems the U.K. grows weary of pop crap. Raise your fists in the air!

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-58-36lSqG4"]Bulls on Parade[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

RATM...best angry group ever, esp. the frist album.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    It seems the U.K. grows weary of pop crap. Raise your fists in the air!

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-58-36lSqG4"]Bulls on Parade[/YOUTUBE]

Eh, I don't really think its that but more of a frustration among people that they know the know the number one song even before it Christmas season is over. X factor has dominated the UK Charts for years and I'm happy that there is actually competition now.

They should do this every year but why don't they actually support a new song instead of a 1993 single?
    INTp (MBTI)
    LII (Socionics) but typed as ILI as well
    5 wing 6
    Ti > Ni > Si > Ne > Te > Fi > Se > Fe

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Dooraven View Post
    Eh, I don't really think its that but more of a frustration among people that they know the know the number one song even before it Christmas season is over. X factor has dominated the UK Charts for years and I'm happy that there is actually competition now.

They should do this every year but why don't they actually support a new song instead of a 1993 single?
    Yeah, I'll grant you that. I honestly have no idea what is occurring. This was just an opportune time to post a RATM video!

MBTI
    ENTP

win win for sony

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Dooraven View Post

Yeah pretty much! You have the normal boring sad people (main middle aged woman) who don't like music and actually still go out and buy singles in shops who get things like X-factor to the top every year. And then because of that its considered the most popular!

So all the proper music fans who all go to proper pint throwing, jumping, crazy gigs and buy all the latest albums (or download - often illegaly) and know all the good songs - the ones that didn't get released as singles but are so good they get played on the radio anyway....

Well all those people (I'm one of them) decided to fuck over X factor!

And we did!

As too why we choose an old classic instead of a new song mainly because with proper music fans theres not much agreement as too whats good so we had to choose an old classic or the attempt would fail!
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!