User Tag List

First 172526272829 Last

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Don't even bother using logic with him; he doesn't care. The only way you win is if you ignore him.
    This is true. I don't care whether you love me or hate me, as long as you pay me, as long as you pay me attention.

Love and hate are just two sides of the same coin - the killer is indifference.

So I want you to read every word I write and tell me how you feel.

So don't you dare ignore me or I will ignore you too. And we will both suffer.

But this is not the slightest bit sensible, so if you pay me attention, I will pay you attention in return. And in that way we will enrich one another.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Frankly, dear Wren, I think you should give up on logic.

For wars are not fought on logic.

Wars come in two parts, the physical war and the propaganda war.

You will never be involved in the physical war but you are involved in the propaganda war here.

And always remember that propaganda is not logical. Propaganda is neither true nor false, rather propaganda is plausible or implausible.

And apprentice propagandists, or childish propagandists, usually make the same mistake of believing their own propaganda, like 'logic'.

For 'logic' is simply used here rhetorically. 'Logic' is simply used here to persuade. We are not dealing here with axiomatic logic.
    i've never completely trusted or depended on logic. i do know that war is wrong and soldiers who fight them are not perhaps logical or sensible enough to decide their own fate. only young people are enlisted to fight a battle-- this is a fact, no logic needed--so my question, why is that? hmm, i guess it's because humans are reared to value what their families value and this is a huge imprint. i also believe certain people like the risk of fighting more than i do even thoughsible in their choice they are coherent in their own logic. as far as propaganda goes, this is always a byproduct of living life as an organic being. birth, infancy, childhood, adolescence, adulthood, old person, very old person, you know what i mean? we are constantly mended and ammended, assaulted and developed by the very process of the indoctrination of society. older people are more set in their ways but young people are frozen in points in time also. then they enlist and what should i do? say they aren't heroes?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

This is true. I don't care whether you love me or hate me, as long as you pay me, as long as you pay me attention.

Love and hate are just two sides of the same coin - the killer is indifference.

So I want you to read every word I write and tell me how you feel.

So don't you dare ignore me or I will ignore you too. And we will both suffer.

But this is not the slightest bit sensible, so if you pay me attention, I will pay you attention in return. And in that way we will enrich one another.
    but you deal on a small scale, victor, try telling this to a soldier on the frontline who faces death! you will hear a FU buddy, you will drown in the blood of your own vanity.
    Last edited by wren; 12-18-2009 at 10:42 PM. Reason: blood

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    By someone--yourself--with no understanding of economics?

My friend, it isn't pretentious, or ridiculous, to try to offer you help. You clearly do not understand some extremely simple concepts which have little to do with any particular school of thought on this subject.

Let's begin with David M. Walker (U.S. Comptroller General) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please read the links, and look for interviews on youtube.
    I love the internet, because you can be anyone you want to be, and you can be an authority on anything you want to be an authority on. All you have to do is link to genuine authorities and this implies that you must be a fountain of knowledge on that topic.

Watch--I'm an authority on:

Mathematics,

Economics,

Ancient History,

Classical Music,

Theoretical Physics,

Pop Culture,

and Swahili.

Of course, it doesn't really matter that I don't know jack about any of those things, as long as I can maintain a pretentious enough tone to convince people that I do.

All I have to do is refuse to engage anyone in discussion until they've taken the time to read the infinite number of hyperlinks I can spew pedantically until the cows come home!

(Of course, they probably won't bother, so I get to keep up my little more-educated-than-thou facade without ever having to create a single original thought. THE INTERNET ROCKS!)
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I love the internet, because you can be anyone you want to be, and you can be an authority on anything you want to be an authority on. All you have to do is link to genuine authorities and this implies that you must be a fountain of knowledge on that topic.

Mathematics,

Economics,

Ancient History,

Classical Music,

Theoretical Physics,

Pop Culture,

and Swahili.

Of course, it doesn't really matter that I don't know jack about any of those things, as long as I can maintain a pretentious enough tone to convince people that I do.

All I have to do is refuse to engage anyone in discussion until they've taken the time to read the infinite number of hyperlinks I can spew pedantically until the cows come home!

(Of course, they probably won't bother, so I get to keep up my little more-educated-than-thou facade without ever having to create a single original thought. THE INTERNET ROCKS!)
    This is a big Ne WIN!

+1 sir.

Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    i've never completely trusted or depended on logic. i do know that war is wrong and soldiers who fight them are not perhaps logical or sensible enough to decide their own fate. only young people are enlisted to fight a battle-- this is a fact, no logic needed--so my question, why is that? hmm, i guess it's because humans are reared to value what their families value and this is a huge imprint. i also believe certain people like the risk of fighting more than i do even thoughsible in their choice they are coherent in their own logic. as far as propaganda goes, this is always a byproduct of living life as an organic being. birth, infancy, childhood, adolescence, adulthood, old person, very old person, you know what i mean? we are constantly mended and ammended, assaulted and developed by the very process of the indoctrination of society. older people are more set in their ways but young people are frozen in points in time also. then they enlist and what should i do? say they aren't heroes?
    Perhaps we can agree that all wars are evil. And perhaps we can disagree that sometimes it is necessary to choose the lesser of two evils.

Mathematics,

Economics,

Ancient History,

Classical Music,

Theoretical Physics,

Pop Culture,

and Swahili.

You and I, Sim, had this conversation when you first joined.

You love the internet because you can simulate.

And I love the internet because I can originate.

We both love the internet but for different reasons - you simulate and I originate.

No wonder we clash sometimes.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

You and I, Sim, had this conversation when you first joined.

You love the internet because you can simulate.

And I love the internet because I can originate.

We both love the internet but for different reasons - you simulate and I originate.

No wonder we clash sometimes.
    Ne vs. Ni??

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ne vs. Ni??
    I think Victor has Ni, too. He's so obsessed with what's really underneath everything.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Well yeah, Victor is spewing forth Ni all the time. I think this is his conscious focus, whereas Fi pervades his worldview so heavily that even his Ni doesn't recognize the full effect of his Fi-induced perceptual biases.

He doesn't know he's wearing rose-colored glasses, but has quite a fondness for pointing out the color of everyone else's (and is sometimes pretty good at it.)