User Tag List

First 132122232425 Last

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I don't claim to be an expert on economics, but you really don't grasp the concept at all, do you?
    You obviously are not an expert on economics or you would understand the concept as clearly as I and many others do.

But here ya go:Google

The wonderful lesson we learn from history is that most do not learn from history.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Are ENTP's mad or something? If so what element of their personality that makes them volatile/hostile to the point of condoning carpet bombing somewhere flat?
    No, no--ENTPs aren't generally advocates of killing a fly by nuking a city---they just aren't particularly averse to it.

People who are are moral absolutists, you see...

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I think we've found the next Victor, everybody!
    Oh..............my...........goodness.

What's Fi dom?
    That would be me, in buttless leather chaps, flogging my conquest du jour ever harder with my riding crop until she screams the safeword loud enough for me to hear it through the gag...:eek:

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    That would be me, in buttless leather chaps, flogging my conquest du jour ever harder with my riding crop until she screams the safeword loud enough for me to hear it through the gag...:eek:
    I sincerely appreciate the twisted beauty of your writing skills, however I must once again laugh at you for suggesting that I learn about economics through Google.

It's not that I don't comprehend that military spending is out of control, it's more to the point that you don't understand how complex the economy is. It's not going to magically right itself if soldiers quit enlisting.

Sniffles

This discussion just keeps getting weirder by the minute.

I sincerely appreciate the twisted beauty of your writing skills, however I must once again laugh at you for suggesting that I learn about economics through Google.

It's not that I don't comprehend that military spending is out of control, it's more to the point that you don't understand how complex the economy is. It's not going to magically right itself if soldiers quit enlisting.
    The military is how the US circulates the money, as opposed to health spending or social spending or education spending or other sorts of spending like in the rest of the world.

Would you prefer I suggest a book or two?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The military is how the US circulates the money, as opposed to health spending or social spending or education spending or other sorts of spending like in the rest of the world.
    But this is not WHY the economy is bad. There are so many factors in an economic downturn that you can't simply say "oh people joining the military are making the economy worse." The economy is bad because of a housing credit bubble which burst due to lack of government oversight in big business coupled with irresponsibility on the part of individuals living beyond their means, complicated by people expecting a government to pay for both military and social programs without adequate taxation. Furthermore, in an economic downturn, citizens tend to hold on to their wealth which stops the flow of money from stimulating the economy.

Military spending is a problem, no doubt, but to point to this as "the" problem with economy is overly simplistic.

you don't understand how complex the economy is. It's not going to magically right itself if soldiers quit enlisting.
    The complexity of the economy is more or less superfluous to the process by which America is bankrupting itself. That is, fundamentally, not complex at all.