User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default Obama and the Nobel Peace Prize

So today President Barack Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize...

Honestly, why? First of all, he was nominated twelve days into his term (and won in October), and since then the only difference in foreign policy was that he talks smoother than his predecessor and rapidly expanded upon his policies.

He increased the amount of troops In Afghanistan, expanded the war into Pakistan which includes drone bombings, and replaced US troops in Iraq with even more contractors.

Yet Obama was awarded the peace prize esssantially for his words and their impacts.

This seems oddly strange, takes?...

Also, does anyone else find it odd that the descendants of the maurading vikings are the ones handing out the peace prize :rolli:

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I think we had two threads on this.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I think we had two threads on this.
    Were those posted before Obama deployed 30,000 troops?... I can't remember!

... Now he can do whatever he wants because it would be done for the benefit of world peace!... Wtf?
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    Were those posted before Obama deployed 30,000 troops?... I can't remember!

... Now he can do whatever he wants because it would be done for the benefit of world peace!... Wtf?
    Yes, they were before that. And there was some debate about how he was going to handle his commitment to Afghanistan upon receiving the incongruously named peace prize.

We have an answer now.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm sure quite a few Nobel peace prize laureates must be rolling in their graves right about now...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

What I find really disturbing about the whole matter is the f***ing whining from the right wing.
    Has it once occurred to you that these wars weren't started by Obama, that lines on a map matters very little in the mountains between Pakistan and Afghanistan?
    From a military standpoint you are just whining, spineless civilians who can't tie your own shoelaces, and Obama is just taking advice from General McCrystal, whom I might add is a fairly good general.

They're just trying to finish it, they can't leave before they have.

Now, I do not care for your snide remarks. I am done listening to this crap, in an ideal world you would be held accountable and sent somewhere far away where you can't troll on the net and in real life about something you really don't have the first clue about.

Like I said, this is a military matter.
    The peace price is just some goddamn thing that he can hang in his christmas tree.

I know President Obama is not infallible in any way, he is very human. There never was a choice in the matter, though. If the troops leave, the problems won't just go away.
    Hell, the problems might even stop being busy holed up in caves on the pakistani border and come over to your place some more and make 9/11 look like the piss in the sea that is is in terms of what could really happen.

I know that you don't know better. But can you at least keep your mouths shut and observe instead of being a bunch of idiot jackasses?

Now, most of you will not take this in at all. You will reply in an equally aggressive manner. The thing is, though, that you are wrong. And I won't read your replies, much less answer.

I just tell you what to do, and by God I hope you will listen.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTP

When Bush was in office, his loudest critics was the anti-war left, but ever since Obama entered all I've heard from that side are crickets. This isn't a matter of right and left wings, it's the same bird.

The wars Obama's predecessors started are still being continued, contrary to his significant promises on the campaign trail. The justification for these wars was questionable to begin with, and the activities, such as the torture, domestic spying, and secret renditions that followed were even more so.

They're just trying to finish it, they can't leave before they have.
    The Iraq debacle has already shown that the military values contracts from the military-industrial complex far more than the welfare of Americans. They say the same thing about every war of occupation.

And lets not forget the fact that Obama's National Security Advisor and mentor is Zbigniew Brzezinski, the guy who for years bragged about creating the Taliban. Conflicts of interests here much???

Obama was given the peace prize for encouraging peace and diplomacy. Yet, he is one of the most militant presidents we have ever had, whose actions say something completely different. He is being awarded for talking the talk, but without walking it...

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I'm sure quite a few Nobel peace prize laureates must be rolling in their graves right about now...
    Laureates like Yasser Arafat?

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Like I said, this is a military matter.
    Nice machinegun in your avatar.

I think we should send more Swedes to to Asskrakistan. Yeah,go Swedes!

MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I'd like to point out that anyone who thinks Obama's reception of the Nobel Peace Prize disgraces it hasn't paid attention to the history of the Nobel Peace Prize.
    Go to sleep, iguana.