User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

Results 151 to 160 of 218

  1. #151
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    It happens often enough to be troublesome. To say it almost never happens is as exaggerating as much as saying it happens all of the time. It appears to be some bizarre cultural trend.
    If it happens once, it's troublesome. But it's really rare to have two or more shooting at one another in public, especially in broad daylight. It's not an exaggeration to call it extremely rare, given the population and number of handguns in the U.S.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  2. #152
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Well although I'm theoretically on your side, the right of the people to *their own army* would mean that every ordinary citizen is armed. The idea, of course, that the People can revolt against a corrupt government if need be.
    Dear god, I just answered my own question didn't I.

  3. #153
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    If it happens once, it's troublesome. But it's really rare to have two or more shooting at one another in public, especially in broad daylight. It's not an exaggeration to call it extremely rare, given the population and number of handguns in the U.S.
    I guess the real question here that I have is how to make the cultural trend of school, church, fast-food restaurant shootings end. Maybe gun control is not the answer.

    So what is the answer.

  4. #154
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Dear god, I just answered my own question didn't I.
    Isn't it funny how that works out?

  5. #155
    Senior Member ubiquitous1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I guess the real question here that I have is how to make the cultural trend of school, church, fast-food restaurant shootings end. Maybe gun control is not the answer.

    So what is the answer.
    Cowboy up. People need to take personal responsibility for their lives, instead of lamenting about inequalities. Too many people view themselves as victims of society and victims are generally very angry people.

  6. #156
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ubiquitous1 View Post
    Cowboy up. People need to take personal responsibility for their lives, instead of lamenting about inequalities. Too many people view themselves as victims of society and victims are generally very angry people.
    Cowboy up? So are you suggesting that teenagers should carry guns to high school with them for self-protection? That I should take into consideration every time I leave the house I might get shot in a shooting rampage, so in taking personal responsibility I should just never leave my home?

  7. #157
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Isn't it funny how that works out?
    I think I'm against gun control all of a sudden.

  8. #158
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I guess the real question here that I have is how to make the cultural trend of school, church, fast-food restaurant shootings end. Maybe gun control is not the answer.

    So what is the answer.
    Education and a vigorous social safety net.

  9. #159
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I think I'm against gun control all of a sudden.


    Welcome... to the Dark Side.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

  10. #160
    Senior Member ubiquitous1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Cowboy up? So are you suggesting that teenagers should carry guns to high school with them for self-protection? That I should take into consideration every time I leave the house I might get shot in a shooting rampage, so in taking personal responsibility I should just never leave my home?
    No, cowboy up means take control . The people who commit these shootings need to take control of their own lives instead of blaming everyone else for their misery. Many of the suicide notes left by these rampage killers rail against society and perceived inequalities. This is how they rationalize their killings, they, the victims, deserved to die.

Similar Threads

  1. Time to ban taxis in the UK
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 06:09 PM
  2. An INFP in the UK by way of SoCal
    By Lindy Lou in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-13-2009, 01:36 PM
  3. Gun Control in the UK
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 249
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 09:16 AM
  4. Gun Control in the UK (Not Gone, Is Being Fixed...)
    By Halla74 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 11:29 PM
  5. List of #1 Singles in the UK 90's - Hilarious
    By nomadic in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-23-2008, 04:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO