User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote, all who said guns as protection.

Anyone buying a gun is intending it's use for harm. "protection" or not. If someone shhots you having a gun in your back pocket won't save your life. It is a mindset of fear to have a gun as "protection". Anyway, the proof is that only an American will share your view (where guns as protection are common place, and what good have they done I might add?) no one in the uk is tooting the need for guns.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post

Anyone buying a gun is intending it's use for harm. "protection" or not. If someone shhots you having a gun in your back pocket won't save your life. It is a mindset of fear to have a gun as "protection". Anyway, the proof is that only an American will share your view (where guns as protection are common place, and what good have they done I might add?) no one in the uk is tooting the need for guns.
    Who cares if it is for harm? If you had a gun at your head, would you rather not have a gun or have one in the case of defense?

Or would you rather say, pardon me while I get my sharpened stick. Maybe I can hold you back with that while I call the police.

Hell of a lot of good that will do for you.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Who cares if it is for harm? If you had a gun at your head, would you rather not have a gun or have one in the case of defense?

Or would you rather say, pardon me while I get my sharpened stick. Maybe I can hold you back with that while I call the police.

Hell of a lot of good that will do for you.
    And where would this gun magically appear from? Or does the average gun owner reguarly practice their quick draw?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

And where would this gun magically appear from? Or does the average gun owner reguarly practice their quick draw?
    In the case of an emergency, I hope the owner would be intelligent enough to have it in a place where they can easily get it. I assume you will have heard the person breaking in, or coming in. If not, it doesn't matter.

But the security of being able to get the gun if you can is what counts. The chance of if you can get it. What if that gun was the only thing that could protect your family?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

In the case of an emergency, I hope the owner would be intelligent enough to have it in a place where they can easily get it. I assume you will have heard the person breaking in, or coming in. If not, it doesn't matter.

But the security of being able to get the gun if you can is what counts. The chance of if you can get it. What if that gun was the only thing that could protect your family?
    In the uk the chances of anyone breaking in and having a gun on them is slim. If laws were relaxed that chance would be greater. Most people who can get a gun and do are gang related I.e. It doesn't affect the rest of the population.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Guns save countless lives in the United States every year.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ISTJ

Anyone buying a gun is intending it's use for harm. "protection" or not.
    ^What's your point? ...And this is not entirely true anyway. Some people are exhibition shooters.

Gun laws should be relaxed everywhere.

Just KNOWING that people are allowed to have and carry guns is a DETERRENT to any criminal. Gun's do not kill people, they are an inanimate object- a piece of metal. It takes the human element to turn it into a weapon. Sadly, if you take away guns, people will simply find a new (and probably more heinous) way of killing each other.

Whether there is a law banning all guns or not, guns WILL be available to the criminal, after all, they ARE criminals and last I checked, arms smuggling was a criminal activity.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

In the uk the chances of anyone breaking in and having a gun on them is slim. If laws were relaxed that chance would be greater. Most people who can get a gun and do are gang related I.e. It doesn't affect the rest of the population.
    Can you give me statistics, please?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I've always felt as though any gun that I could access quickly and easily enough to protect my family in the event of a break-in would be more of a danger to my children than to anyone else.

That's a little off-topic, though. Sorry for minor derail.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Look. I am British you are all American I am guessing. This is a huge cultural difference regarding guns. So you have your view and I'll have my uk one.