First 3111213141523 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Yes, the first casualty of revolution is irony. Then all revolutions go on to eat their children.

The first thing we notice about Americans is that they are deaf to irony.

And the second thing is that the American revolution went on to eat its children in their Civil War.

And the startling thing is that the so called war of Independence and the Civil war were entirely unnecessary, for we gained our independence from Britain and united a whole Continent without killing anyone.

But American propaganda valourizes the treacherous revolution of 1776 and goes on to valourize one of the most bloody civil wars in history.

But worse America uses all the power of hollywood to get us to accept their propaganda.

It's bad enough that the Americans believe their own propaganda but they expect us to believe it too.

[removed]. You say stuff that makes absolutely no sense, and you try to pass it off as 'good' or something that should actually be listened to.

What is the point of dishing on Americans? You think our propaganda is the individual?
    Last edited by Kasper; 12-10-2009 at 01:06 AM. Reason: attack removed
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post
    Do not consider whether they live or die is more accurate. In the case of Rape, murder, assault, muggings etc.

Rapes, assault and murders aren't usually calculated, if they are, the person is usually convinced they can get away with it (and usually can up until the police step in), or they are desperate enough (e.g. poverty) that they don't care. Muggings are too easy to get away with in the short term regardless.
    That's what I'm trying to get across here. An armed citizen goes from a soft target to a hard target, i.e. deterent is increased.

Also, I disagree with your statement that rapes, robberies, etc are not calculated crimes.

Cars help benefit society in numerous ways, too numerous to count. Guns are for hobbies and killing/injuring, quite a limited benefit to most people.

Taking transport away from individuals should have obvious negative effects on utility. I hope I don't have to elaborate on how they benefit society.
    You missed my point. I was talking about individual rights. Sometimes individual rights run counter to the "utility of society."
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    You are such an idiot. You say stuff that makes absolutely no sense, and you try to pass it off as 'good' or something that should actually be listened to.

What is the point of dishing on Americans? You think our propaganda is the individual?
    It's plain the 'individual' is your propaganda.

And the corollary is that you hate the collective.

But we're not like you - even though you want to cast us in your own image - and spare no expense in doing so.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

you don't have to have a gun to be a hard target (but it doesn't hurt).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    The constitution might be slightly out of date. I don't suppose, when you write something, you expect it to be equally topical 222 years later, do you?

Secondly, it should be obvious that your rights can only be maintined if authority chooses to respect them. Why, pray tell, would authorities respect a right to make it easier for you to rebel against them?
    Well your right as far as the 2nd amendment. It other areas the U.S. Constitution has worked fine as a "living document" supported by starie decisis. Until the court stops excluding the 2nd amendment from selective incorporation to be applicable to the states then it is outdated.

We keep authorities in line by not letting them take away our rights bit by bit and leading us down the slippery slope.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Again, I don't have the figures on me now, but that's not what I read.

How would you record that?
    I don't know. I'm not the one relying on those statistics to make a point.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

It's plain the 'individual' is your propaganda.

And the corollary is that you hate the collective.

But we're not like you - even though you want to cast us in your own image, and spare no expense in doing so.

Ha. You clearly seem to understand our propaganda.

I do not hate the collective. Nor do I hate the individual. In fact, I am a little low on the hate. But I hate it when punks like you try to talk about something you are twisting to fit your own twisted view.

Is this 'I' America?

Personally, I don't give a damn if you are in my image. In fact, I'd rather. You. Weren't.

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

But American propaganda valourizes the treacherous revolution of 1776 and goes on to valourize one of the most bloody civil wars in history.
    Irony you said?

Both France and the US are the childrens of Revolutions, of the Age of Enlightenment. Both nations invented tiny notions of universalism (for best and worst alike) while the Anglo-Saxons were busy wiping out the remaining Indigenous population of Australia, and exploiting India's vast richness.

So when I read you, I feel the Lafayette's spirit that is waking up inside me.

Just like Sartre said: "On a raison de se révolter!" (It is [always] right to rebel!)

---

Furthermore, Revolutions of paradigms are an epistemological necessity in the domains of knowledge and progress.

And between me and you, my dear Victor, I think you're on our side... Those Americans will never understand irony, you asked?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    You [Victor] are such an idiot. You say stuff that makes absolutely no sense, and you try to pass it off as 'good' or something that should actually be listened to.

I don't agree with Victors conclusion but what he says does not make him an idiot. He raises some valid logical points as maximising resources (i.e. avoiding wasting lives).
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I personally do not see the point in him degrading my country via attacking our propaganda. It is propaganda, what do you expect?