User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    We weren't involved in WWI or WWII for nearly as much time, consecutively speaking.

The United States didn't want to get involved in either war, and only joined in toward the end of both world wars when it proved to be absolutely essential.
    They weren't as long because of several factors. One being that they were conventional, not irregular wars. WWII: 1939-1945. US entry: 1941. Closer to in the middle, not near the end. And also guess what? We still have troops in Germany and Japan.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Plus there was pearl harbor and the Nazis and Japanese werent going to stop with what they had.
    But Al Qaeda and allies would have stopped with 9/11, obviously.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    Yes and the corporation bought the liberal media into making Bush look bad and casting public opinion against the war. And probably the CIA, Catholic Church, KGB, and the Easter Bunny were all in on it.

It's about retaliation for 9/11 and strengthening national security. As enetertaining as they may be, conspiracy theories hardly ever have any worth.

Every once in a while, there are. I am sure the Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment sounded like a conspiracy theory when people first heard about it. The Warren Commission was dodgy, to say the least. MKULTRA, as well. In the United States, our outrages tend to be public. Often, they are supported by many of our citizens, at least at first. Putting Japanese-Americans in concentration camps, holding "unlawful combatants" indefinitely, etc.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Every once in a while, there are. I am sure the Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment sounded like a conspiracy theory when people first heard about it. The Warren Commission was dodgy, to say the least. MKULTRA, as well. In the United States, our outrages tend to be public. Often, they are supported by many of our citizens, at least at first. Putting Japanese-Americans in concentration camps, holding "unlawful combatants" indefinitely, etc.
    OK but compare those to the number of total conspiracy theories out there. Get my drift?
    Johari Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Plus there was pearl harbor and the Nazis and Japanese werent going to stop with what they had.
    Plus there was 9/11, USS Cole, US embassies in Tanzania and Kenya, and Muslim extremists aren't going to stop with what they have. (Read about Sudan, Dagestan, Pakistan, etc.)
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Wow. I must say, I'm confused myself. I thought the biggest reason for electing Obama was to bring the troops home and get out of the middle east?

President Obama Announces Afghan War Strategy at West Point - ABC News
    If I remember correctly, or understood him correctly, he promised to send more troops to Afghanistan. And he hinted the war might spread to Pakistan. The Pakistani Pashtuland is the key area.
    Meanwhile, it is not about Obama. It does not matter who is the President.
    America will not leave Afghanistan because it cannot. The war can not be won in Afghanistan. Can it be won in Pakistan? It depends on the input. Germany could be won.

Will there be peace? No. Will there be great victories? Not unless the war will escalate to a major international conflict.

Pakistan has the bomb. Is Pakistan a friend of the US? Maybe the western-minded elite.
    In part. What is the per centage of the elite of the Pakistani population?
    One per cent? What is the number of the Pakistani population?

Why it is not about Obama? To America, a revolution in Pakistan is not an option.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    OK but compare those to the number of total conspiracy theories out there. Get my drift?
    Sure, but my point is that you have to look at the credibility of the those purporting the theory. You can't just make a blanket statement about all conspiracy theories. They tend to be believed/espoused by loons, but the mainstream interpretation of events is often wrong, as well. Think back to your elementary school textbooks and how much crap was in those.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    If I remember correctly, or understood him correctly, he promised to send more troops to Afghanistan. And he hinted the war might spread to Pakistan. The Pakistani Pashtuland is the key area.
    Meanwhile, it is not about Obama. It does not matter who is the President.
    America will not leave Afghanistan because it cannot. The war can not be won in Afghanistan.
    Can it be won in Pakistan? It depends on the input. Germany could be won.

Will there be peace? No. Will there be great victories? Not unless the war will escalate to a major international conflict.
    Pakistan has the bomb. Is Pakistan a friend of the US? Maybe the western-minded elite.
    In part. What is the per centage of the elite of the Pakistani population?
    One per cent? What is the number of the Pakistani population?

Why it is not about Obama? To America, a revolution in Pakistan is not an option.
    If you mean to say that the US cannot win the conflict at all, then you are wrong. If we take the measures necessary for a successful counterinsurgency, there is really no reason for us not to win, unless the American public votes it down.

The insurgents use terror tactics. In insurgencies, you use terror if you have nothing else to use. Those guys are weak, and if we stay the course we will beat them.
    Johari Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Pakistan is the biggest terrorist cesspool after Afghanistan (if not worse).

Another great Bush fuck up was the way he was dealing with Musharraf. Musharraf didn't give two shits about the war on terror, he was barely holding on to power, and paying lip services to America just to keep his bullshit coup de tat government in place. He gladly cashed US checks, but didn't do two shits about Taliban squatting on Pakistani territory. So every time US forces attacked Taliban, they just withdrew into Pakistan and regrouped.

Kudos to Obama telling to Pakistan to either start cleaning up their own shit, or threatening to do it for them. After that, Pakistan actually deployed their army against Taliban with noticeable success, instead jerking around and sending them angry letters.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Sure, but my point is that you have to look at the credibility of the those purporting the theory. You can't just make a blanket statement about all conspiracy theories. They tend to be believed/espoused by loons, but the mainstream interpretation of events is often wrong, as well. Think back to your elementary school textbooks and how much crap was in those.
    That doesn't really help the case of the pipeline story though. Until there is strong proof, there is no good reason to accept that conspiracy theory, or any conspiracy theory.

Crap in textbooks? There was some, but the vast majority of it is true.

But consider the theory is true. So what? The truth is that there is a terrorist connection in Afghanistan that led to 9/11. We have to stop them regardless of whether there are pipelines or corporations.
    Johari Nohari