User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    All the troop commitment needs is a good benefit detriment test.

Does the benefit of the troop commitment outweigh the cost to the American people?

Under the present circumstances, we must certainly agree that it does not.

What are we achieving by staying in Afghanistan?
    That judgment is not certainly correct. Should the US leave before the Afghan government can maintain its own security, we will be handing Afghanistan over to the Taliban. Those guys will certainly harbor terrorists and leave the US open to another attack. It's unfortunate but necessary for national security.

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Exactly! Its pure stupidity and waste. What we are doing is protecting oil pipelines for international corporations. Do the corporations benefit the American people? Absolutely not, they just use a small percentage of the capital they gain/speculate to gain, to bribe/lobby American politicians/media. The U.S.A as a nation is then severely depleted of their tax dollars(i.e. worse a growing deficit because the costs exceed the tax pools) and the young men as women of the milary who parrish/become cripples. In the meantime Afgan civilians are killed in the bombings and become recruited by terrorist who bomb America and Europe because we are over there. And the circle continues.

In otherwords some red neck at home thinks he is being patriotic for sending his children to kill or be killed by other people in other lands for the benefit of international corporations. (when that same red neck would otherwise refuse to have anything to do with the international corporations)
    If this were true, the media would cast a much more favorable look on US involvement there. Afghanistan is not exactly prime real estate for any corporations.

About bombing civilians... Civilians will turn against whatever party is responsible for the bombings. Obviously to us that is the terrorists. A small number of civilians are killed accidentally by our forces. This makes it even more important to send ground troops--ground troops are more precise and discriminate than airpower. If we establish a good security over there, a security that the Afghan government can maintain, we gain the favor of civilians and prevent them from terrorist recruitment.

Your post reeks of conspiracy theory. And you should realize that it's not all rednecks over there. It's men, women, sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters from all over the US. Show some respect--they believe in the mission.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    INFJ

I just wish we could withdraw all troops abroad and bring them home. Running an empire is asinine.
    Ground control to Major Tom

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

That judgment is not certainly correct. Should the US leave before the Afghan government can maintain its own security, we will be handing Afghanistan over to the Taliban. Those guys will certainly harbor terrorists and leave the US open to another attack. It's unfortunate but necessary for national security.
    Maybe, if we (as a nation) didn't have such a big boner for occupations, we could use our military for its true purpose, DOMESTIC defense.

We could secure the borders, end the drug war in Mexico, and bring home the troops in one fell swoop. We would also spend less money doing it.

Military is fine as long as it is meant to protect its home nation. The instant it grows beyond that capacity, all it does is become a tool used for force projection.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Maybe, if we (as a nation) didn't have such a big boner for occupations, we could use our military for its true purpose, DOMESTIC defense.

We could secure the borders, end the drug war in Mexico, and bring home the troops in one fell swoop. We would also spend less money doing it.
    Fuckin A brother I was gonna say that in my last post but I didnt want to sound racist or something. Pull all troops home and station them on the borders.

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    I just wish we could withdraw all troops abroad and bring them home. Running an empire is asinine.
    Everyone wants that. But what should be and what is are two different things. The reality is that we need our troops there to protect us over here.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

just another half ass move like all his others
    a day late and dollar short
    all to appear like some kind of pres or somethin
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    Everyone wants that. But what should be and what is are two different things. The reality is that we need our troops there to protect us over here.
    If you have hard data to support that, then I'll go balls deep in a pencil sharpener.

Fighting the war there is making it MORE dangerous here.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

If terrorism over the last half century has been indicative of anything (at least as it relates to the US), then it has been indicative of the fact that most regional hatred for the west in the middle east is reactionary.

The less we involve ourselves, the less they have to react to.

EDIT: and IF we are to involve ourselves, let it be with a coalition of fellow nations.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post

hahahahahhaha i was waiting for a chance to use this.. I am kidding. My roomie is an ISTJ love you guys.

MBTI
    INFJ

jesus that pic is so relevant... god i outdid myself again. *highfive Billy* thanks Billy you rock!