User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Yeah good thing Mexico is so honest when it comes to their "restricted foreign investment" laws, especially after NAFTA.
    Ok, you just went from corporations controlling Mexican oil industry to NAFTA. That's some evasive maneuvering right there. Either give me proof that Mexico secretly allows corporations to own and control their oil industry or be a good chap and fess up that you were on a roll and ventured into a territory that you haven't exactly researched in detail.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I'm no pacifist.

I just wait till I have sufficient provocation to go to war.
    I'm no "pacifist" either. In the old "barbaric" days they made money/resources going to war. All I am saying now is who is getting the prime rib dinner and who is flipping the bill? If we both have to die and pay the bill what is the point? If not wanting to die AND then forking out mass dough is the deal then I will happily accept the term pacifist.

PS. Edgar don't have the data that Mexico is not corrupt right now. If/when I get the data will fw it to you. My understanding is that these things are typically done via a strawboss...from A to B and then to C inc.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    If 9/11 wasn't, then such a provocation probably doesn't exist. Maybe if a loved one was killed in that, you'd think differently.

But I can guess what you'll reply to that...
    More people have died in the war than died on 9/11.

The actual comparisons of deaths would probably shock people who keep hanging on to 9/11 as if it was this one time in the whole world when the most people died EVAR.

[YOUTUBE="0DZQ3S2K5s4"]Why don't you watch this?[/YOUTUBE]

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    If 9/11 wasn't, then such a provocation probably doesn't exist. Maybe if a loved one was killed in that, you'd think differently.

But I can guess what you'll reply to that...
    Maybe I would think differently, but my loss could never be healed with the lost lives of others.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    More Americans died fighting in the Pacific Theater than during Pearl Harbor attack.

Didn't make the war any less just.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post

The actual comparisons of deaths would probably shock people who keep hanging on to 9/11 as if it was this one time in the whole world when the most people died EVAR.

[YOUTUBE="0DZQ3S2K5s4"]Why don't you watch this?[/YOUTUBE]
    Look at 9/11 as the first battle in a war. Of course the rest of the battles combined have a higher death toll. To take your WWII for example--did not more Americans die in subsequent battles than at Pearl Harbor? Were we supposed to stop when the casualties reached the 9/11 total? Nobody likes to see our guys die in the field, but I want my country doing everything it can to stop the people responsible for that crime.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Maybe I would think differently, but my loss could never be healed with the lost lives of others.
    That's right. And that's exactly why the conflict in Afghanistan is so vital. Without a US victory there will be lost lives of others--lost lives of more terrorism targets and Afghan lives that are desroyed by Taliban after being abandoned by the Americans that came to free and secure them. Revenge won't fix things, but revenge is not the objective here--just an added bonus should we be successful.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    nite
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Anybody who is surprised wasn't listening to Obama during the campaign. As lowtech redneck says, Obama always drew a clear delineation between Iraq and Afghanistan. He saw Iraq as a misguided war and Afghanistan as a just war. I tend to agree with him.
    Yeah, Obama said often enough during the campaign that this was the main theatre in the war on terror and that he wanted more troops deployed there.

The problem is that itís a no win scenario. If we pull out the Taliban overruns the country again. But all weíre doing by staying and sending more troops is maintaining the status quo by propping up a weak and corrupt government that won't likely survive after we leave and barely keeping the Talaban at bay.

Still, itís naÔve to think there wonít be grave consequences in letting the Taliban have that country again.
    X___________________________________

If things are not what they seem, and we are forever reminded that this is the caseóthen it must also be observed that enough of us ignore this truth to keep the world from collapsing. ĖThomas Ligotti, The Mystics of Muelenberg

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Besides for propganda purporse. Osama Bin Ladin is mostly irrelevent. He is a media boogieman. It wouldn't change much if he was dead or imprisioned. He would just be replaced by another.
    even genghis khan couldn't hold afghanistan down.

i don't understand why its so hard to catch one guy. or hold his leutenant's family hostage until they give his location away. sheesh. wut the heck

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    even genghis khan couldn't hold afghanistan down.

i don't understand why its so hard to catch one guy. or hold his leutenant's family hostage until they give his location away. sheesh. wut the heck
    I agree.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

More Americans died fighting in the Pacific Theater than during Pearl Harbor attack.

Didn't make the war any less just.
    However, it is still debatable whether or not dropping not one but TWO atomic bombs on Japan and putting Japanese-American citizens into concentration camps was "just."

I do not question that we needed to get involved in WWII, we assuredly did yes, but I question some of the methods employed.

Same in this case.