User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Tabasco is aged in bourbon barrels. Thats all I have to say.
    Dat'l Do-it Datil Pepper Hot Sauce made in St Augustine. That's all there is to say.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by AllAboutSoul View Post
    Dat'l Do-it Datil Pepper Hot Sauce made in St Augustine. That's all there is to say.
    That shit is definitely the fire.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I hate hot sauces but this one is delicious.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Yay! I'm from the south, and I have pride in the geographical location that I'm at!

lol...

But not really though.
    I know, as a kid and teenager, I would have agreed with you here. Recently, though, I've begun to associate the South as my "home" and feel more attachment to it because of it. Spending more time outside the Southern countryside probably helped me appreciate "what I have." Big, busy cities? You can keep them.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

This is mah jayum!

Southern writers: hell yes. Faulkner, Flannery O'Connor, Lee Smith, Alan Gurganis.

Southern food: hell yes. Country style steak and mashed taters, collards, cooked-to-death green beans. CAROLINA PIT BBQ FTW.

Southern music: hell yes. One word: Blues. And as if that weren't enough, two more words: Chapel Hill. Ben Folds Five, SCOTS, Superchunk, Archers of Loaf, Squirrel Nut Zippers. AND MANY MORE!

Like EnFpFer says, make a threat hating on the South and I can bring different material to that one, but ITT I love the South.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Chapel Hill = , especially in the 90's...

I The Squirrel Nut Zippers!!!....and how could I have possibly forgotten about Flannery O'Connor?

Also...Cimarron...I agree that leaving the South makes one appreciate it all the more. People who have never left West Virginia are like "why did you come back here?" and I just smile.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

My identity is 100% shaped by being a Southerner. Warm evenings out on the front porch, listening to tree frogs chirping and feeling the gorgeous soft breeze, heavy with the scent of blooming gardenias. Everyone sitting around, just relaxing and enjoying each other's company.

Everytime I come back from a trip, I get off the plane and I know I'm home because of the wonderful way the air smells - clean and smelling like rain, with a slightly pine scent.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

My Little Sister called me bubba when we were growing up...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    My identity is 100% shaped by being a Southerner. Warm evenings out on the front porch, listening to tree frogs chirping and feeling the gorgeous soft breeze, heavy with the scent of blooming gardenias. Everyone sitting around, just relaxing and enjoying each other's company.

Everytime I come back from a trip, I get off the plane and I know I'm home because of the wonderful way the air smells - clean and smelling like rain, with a slightly pine scent.
    Lovely.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    My Little Sister called me bubba when we were growing up...
    We called our quarter horse Bubba. I think it's a terminal condition with Southerners. My Uncle is called " Uncle Bubba", and my best friend's family calls her father " Uncle Bubba". I have no idea why this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Lovely.

In the summertime, my Grandfather's front porch would be covered in tiny holly blossoms, like a blanket of snow. We would open up the windows and let the breeze carry the scent inside. And because the house was old, the old wooden floors would smell a bit like oak when the humidity got high. I used to love sitting on the cool floors when it was hot outside, just listening to people going by outside. Being southern to me means tranquility, and belonging to something older and bigger than myself. Like being rooted in our own special kind of history, good and bad. Don't you feel like going home is like the ground singing at your feet, like it knows you're home too?