Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by dga View Post
    there we go, that love it or leave it mentality. goes well with nascar and blue hair. thanks for the jazz
    I hate Nascar. There you go again with what you consider to be derogatory stereotypes ... I have a derogatory stereotype of my own: I guess your reading comprehension is a little low, otherwise you would have noticed the word tribute in the title.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I guess your reading comprehension is a little low, otherwise you would have noticed the word tribute in the title.
    No, it's just that many Americans don't believe in tribute.

"Millions for defense, but not one cent for tribute!"

I don't necessarily agree with that attitude, so I'll see if I can think of something positive about the South.

1. It's warm here.
    2. We're more autonomous than many other regions of the country.
    3. We have Radio Shack, Texas Instruments, and AT&T headquartered here.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    No, it's just that many Americans don't believe in tribute.

"Millions for defense, but not one cent for tribute!"

I don't necessarily agree with that attitude, so I'll see if I can think of something positive about the South.

1. It's warm here.
    2. We're more autonomous than many other regions of the country.
    3. We have Radio Shack, Texas Instruments, and AT&T headquartered here.
    "That there is one uh them self hatin' southerners"

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    The problem is that many of the things people see as good about the South, others (including those who are from there) see as its deepest problems. It's never a clear answer.
    And there's plenty of space on this forum for ya'll to start a thread to hate on the stuff people find awesome. But this isn't the place for it. This isn't meant to be a discussion on debating the South, its a discussion on celebrating good points of an area people call home.

If someone came into your celebration and insulted your home, I'll bet you wouldn't take very kindly to it either. Ya'll can relocate the negativity.

I hate Nascar. There you go again with what you consider to be derogatory stereotypes ... I have a derogatory stereotype of my own: I guess your reading comprehension is a little low, otherwise you would have noticed the word tribute in the title.
    +1. And that's all I'm going to say on that aspect.

More awesome stuff about the south:

The Texas Renaissance Festival
    Saying "ya'll" and "howdy" without getting odd looks.
    Wearing cowboy hats around like its normal.
    Seeing a man or police officer riding horseback down the lane right next to the street full of cars.
    Paula Deen.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Ah, the American South. What can I say? You guys have strong taste buds. You make lots of cream-based sauces and gravys with buscuits and grits, and lots of other beige-colored stuff. It has no flavor. It's like eating water sludge sprinkled with blandspice.

As for your non-beige foods, they're almost always drowned in fat. It's like eating a crisco caserole made with lard, butter chunks, and globules of chicken fat subtly flavored with blandspice and served with a double thick oil sauce.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Southern food is way more than just that buddy.

What about a damned good gumbo, or a crawfish boil, or boiled shrimp for that matter.

What about boiled peanuts?

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Ah, the American South. What can I say? You guys have strong taste buds. You make lots of cream-based sauces and gravys with buscuits and grits, and lots of other beige-colored stuff. It has no flavor. It's like eating water sludge sprinkled with blandspice.

As for your non-beige foods, they're almost always drowned in fat. It's like eating a crisco caserole made with lard, butter chunks, and globules of chicken fat subtly flavored with blandspice and served with a double thick oil sauce.
    That's not nice.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post

Did you actually eat real homemade Southern food, or just go through the drive-thru of Tudor's Biscuit World on a road trip?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Southern food is way more than just that buddy.

What about a damned good gumbo, or a crawfish boil, or boiled shrimp for that matter.

What about boiled peanuts?
    That sounds like cajun. I consider that more of a new orleans thing than a southern thing. At least, that has always been my impression.

... boiled peanuts?

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Did you actually eat real homemade Southern food, or just go through the drive-thru of Tudor's Biscuit World on a road trip?
    The homemade stuff fits more in the second category. While delicious, it's deadly... and don't deny the ubiquity of chicken fat globules!