User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I really disagree. I think Palin would lose by a decent margin to Obama, unless he really shits the bed.
    You actually agree with me, because I think she'll lose too. However I think all of the others possibilities will do even worse.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    You actually agree with me, because I think she'll lose too. However I think all of the others possibilities will do even worse.

You think it's doubtful that she would beat Obama. I don't think she stands a chance, unless Obama screws up so bad that any Republican candidate would win. I think she is one of the worst candidates on that list.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

a strong third party is needed, maybe a fourth party. or we can continue playing the vote-for-the-other-side-if-this-side-screws-up-and-then-vote-for-the-other-side-when-that-side-screws-up until the oligarchy collapses.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Palin for president is an utter joke; her political experience comes down to a grand total of two years as governor of Alaska. The only people who'd actually vote Palin for president are dumb enough that they comprise a pretty trivial minority.

As for third party candidates, don't hold your breath. And fourth party? Are you kidding? What third party is going to magically increase its vote intake 100-fold in the next four years? The Libertarians? The Green Party? You can't be serious.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Palin for president is an utter joke; her political experience comes down to a grand total of two years as governor of Alaska. The only people who'd actually vote Palin for president are dumb enough that they comprise a pretty trivial minority.

As for third party candidates, don't hold your breath. And fourth party? Are you kidding? What third party is going to magically increase its vote intake 100-fold in the next four years? The Libertarians? The Green Party? You can't be serious.

I'm not holding my breath.

The collapse of the two-party system would be favorable in my view.

I'm not kidding.

I don't pretend to know which party millions of Americans would support.

I'm serious.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    All I have to say, as a long time independent voter is that Palin was a big turn-off for me. I tallied points up for voting for McCain vs. Obama, and it was close. Although I really didn't like Biden either, Palin gave the VP pick point to Obama (Honestly, I counted her as a positive because she was supposed to be an outsider who supposedly fought corruption. Then she started preaching. The whole, "I'm better 'cause I'm from a small town, and I hate vegetarians" angle just doesn't sit well with me. Her giving up as Governor, and the inane ramble she gave when she did, seems to confirm her as a Grade A flake).
    It seems like any Washington outsider is marketed to the public as fighting corruption, but that is an arbitrary association. I received the Palin promo book, "Sarah: How a Hockey Mom Turned Alaska's Political Establishment Upside Down" from family and read through it per their request. My primary reasons for being strongly against Palin was information approved by her in that book.

Page 46-47 of the older book that was written as PR support of Palin. This excerpt describes her decisions when she first became mayor of Wasilla, Alaska.
    "I told them that I understood they had supported Mayor Stein," Sarah said of her first meeting with department heads. "But I told them they couldn't continue to support him now that he was out of office."

Sarah asked the department heads to resign and reapply for their positions. She requested resignations from the police chief, Public Works Director Jack Felton, Finance Directors Duane Dvorak, and Librarian Mary Ellen Emmons. The city's museum manager, John Cooper, already had resigned when Sarah eliminated his position. The new mayor's startling demand for resignations tested the department heads' willingness to transfer their loyalties to the new administration".
    None of those individuals owe her loyalty and her act was corrupt. She should have been a local sports reporter like she dreamed of becoming. That is where her interest and knowledge lies. She has no business in politics or leadership. She does seem to be marketing herself for future political endeavors.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    You think it's doubtful that she would beat Obama. I don't think she stands a chance, unless Obama screws up so bad that any Republican candidate would win. I think she is one of the worst candidates on that list.
    None of the Republicans stand a chance unless Obama screws up. Of the candidates you've listed she has the best chance of winning the Republican nomination. The question of who will win the nomination is about who the Republican base likes the best.

Whether or not a Republican wins the presidency in 2012 is entirely in Obama's hands. Either he does a decent job til then and wins or he screws up and loses. There is no magic Republican candidate that can beat Obama. Only Obama can beat Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Palin for president is an utter joke; her political experience comes down to a grand total of two years as governor of Alaska. The only people who'd actually vote Palin for president are dumb enough that they comprise a pretty trivial minority. to vote for George W. Bush who was elected twice.
    Fixed.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

They would be required to dance on hot coals, sing, and tell jokes... simultaneously...

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    I think for 2012 there should be a Reality TV Show to Determine the next President.

We'll Call it, "America Has No Political Talent"
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ESFJ

None of the Republicans stand a chance unless Obama screws up. Of the candidates you've listed she has the best chance of winning the Republican nomination. The question of who will win the nomination is about who the Republican base likes the best.
    The candidate who the base likes best is most likely NOT the candidate who have the best chance of winning the election.

Whether or not a Republican wins the presidency in 2012 is entirely in Obama's hands. Either he does a decent job til then and wins or he screws up and loses. There is no magic Republican candidate that can beat Obama. Only Obama can beat Obama.
    Again, we disagree. George H.W. Bush, anyone? Two-time VP under one of the most popular presidents of the 20th Century and the United States was coming off an easy victory in a fairly popular war, and he still lost. If the economy is still bad two years from now, Obama will be vulnerable, even if he hasn't "screwed up" in some major way.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Fixed.
    GW Bush was significantly more qualified than Sarah Palin could hope to be.

I didn't like the dude either, but he's still way of out Palin's league.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?