User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Oh sweet ganja... is there anything it can't cure? (aside from chronic unemployment)
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

The munchies...

MBTI
    INTJ

I think we should prescribe it to prisoners.

And naturally by prescribe, I mean just put it in the food and don't ask them.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    YaYa

Yeah, it's a cure-all. My buddy Jonah broke his elbow one time. He just smoked some weed. It still clicks, but it's cool.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    He seemed to really learn and study better when stoned all the time.
    I have a long term ENFP friend who was rotating between failing/acing his uni classes due to a focusing issue until he started smoking up so much that he wasn't not high for a whole term. Straight A+ grades on his transcript for his full course load that term. (He suffered a bit socially, though--he and I had the same conversation about 5 times over the course of the term because his memory was off.)
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    SEXY

I read of a study that concluded that the best 'medication' a child with ADHD could get is educated and capable parents. This seems to be consistent with Halla74's experiences as well.
    (removed)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    I read of a study that concluded that the best 'medication' a child with ADHD could get is educated and capable parents.
    That's a bit overly simplistic eventhough I can imagine the two being corelated in perhaps many cases.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    That's a bit overly simplistic eventhough I can imagine the two being corelated in perhaps many cases.
    Yes, children with ADHD can be holy terrors - they are often rude, cruel, disruptive, violent, and a whole host of other negative and exhausting things. It goes a bit beyond them simply having too much energy or a short-attention span. I'm talking about REAL ADHD ... which I think is much rarer than the numbers of actual children who have been medicated with ritalin and adderal for the past couple of decades. I'm someone who is highly opposed to medicating children unless it is an absolute certainty that they have a severe case of ADHD.

That being said, I think marijuana is less dangerous than amphetimines. Amphetimines are dangerous. It blows my mind that people give them to kids.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEE

As I understand it, ADHD is a medical condition, resulting in abnormalities in the brain's dopamine regulation system. To simplify greatly, low dopamine levels make you tired, sleepy and generally unwilling to do anything. High dopamine levels, on the other hand, make you jumpy, nervous etc. and have been connected to schizophrenia. It would be interesting to know how dopamine affects or is affected by the sympathetic / parasympathetic nervous systems.

I have been diagnosed with ADHD about a month ago. The amphetamines have helped me greatly in concentrating to various tasks. I don't feel like my brain is in a constant "haze" anymore. Also, I am now able to make logical decisions about what and when I eat, as opposed to before, when I used to eat all the time out of habit.

Considering how cannabis has affected me, I would not in any case use it for studying. I would be incapable of remembering or concentrating on anything, and instead spend time flying in the lunar orbit.

Based on my experiences, I would question the validity of the statements regarding cannabis helping people to study. However, people are individuals and I'm far from a professional in this field. Perhaps for some cannabis can be the answer, but I personally would not use it for anything else than relaxation or for spiritual purposes.
    Reality can destroy the dream; why shouldn't the dream destroy reality?

- George Moore, 1852-1933, Irish Writer

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    That being said, I think marijuana is less dangerous than amphetimines. Amphetimines are dangerous. It blows my mind that people give them to kids.
    Yes but amphetimines are prescribed by doctors who wear fancy white gowns, and come in respectable looking, mass produced plastic bottles.... unlike weed, which you would have to get off some smelly, anti-establishment hippy, and then roll an awkward looking blunt just so you can smoke it like some sort of a dope fiend degenerate.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.