User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: "Halo" punch...

MBTI
    INTJ

We don't know the specifics of this situation. I believe we should consider several different situations.

Let's say the kid had a lot of schoolwork to catch up on or an important test or class early the next day. Would this be enough to allow the parent to violate the kids freedom to do whatever he wanted with equipment bought to him by his parents in his parents' house?

Let's say the kid had promised beforehand to play only until a predecided bedtime. Would the violation of such a pact be enough?

The console (reasonably since, being a kid and probably having no income, the kid wouldn't have been able to buy it himself) belongs to his mom, isn't it her right to use her property in the way she sees fit? (the evil libertarian element, if you agree with this one you're an enemy of the workers)

Sure, being permissive is great, but you can't expect a non-stupid parent to sit back and let their kids ruin their lives because they dare not intervene. And by ruin their lives I mean "using their time to grow only in one area, never being able to utilise their potential in other useful fields until they are grown up and have to do it".

OT:

How does sex affect others?
    Last edited by proteanmix; 11-03-2007 at 07:32 PM. Reason: removed homophobic remark

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Is 23 years old really an old age to lose virginity?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

For those of you newer to this forum, uberfurher is very trollish with topics like these, and will say things like in the first paragraph just to get a rise out of people.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    For those of you newer to this forum, uberfurher is very trollish with topics like these, and will say things like in the first paragraph just to get a rise out of people.
    Do not think I didn't see your deleted (and very trollish) remark in my blog. I could have reported you but I didn't because I'm more forgiving than you might think. So don't fuck with me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

For some further explanation, in threads related to sex, holidays, social activities, wars, genocides, etc., uberfurher will, for example, pretend to ask why people enjoy such as disgusting activity like sex, enjoy such stupid and low level activities like holidays, say that genocides are fine and pretend to ask why people have a problem with them, etc. (I say pretend because the answers have been the same each time, but the questions keep getting asked the same way over and over again in the same way, as if nothing has been learned.)

MBTI
    INTJ

Please note that I was quite trollish to begin with in my remark about homosexuals. Sorry for that, just can keep away from it. And I always get a little agitated when people claim science backs them with moralic value judgements, which is obvious bullshit.

And no, 23 isn't an old age. But how can you be 23 if you're born 85? It's more that people generally make sure to have it done anyway, whatever way they can, and for some people the way I mentioned is quite popular.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Punggung View Post
    Please note that I was quite trollish to begin with in my remark about homosexuals. Sorry for that, just can keep away from it. And I always get a little agitated when people claim science backs them with moralic value judgements, which is obvious bullshit.

And no, 23 isn't an old age. But how can you be 23 if you're born 85? It's more that people generally make sure to have it done anyway, whatever way they can, and for some people the way I mentioned is quite popular.
    I was referring to Lookin4theBestNU's post.

And I "pretend" to not like or to like certain things because I actually do or don't like it. What's wrong with genocide? Nothing. The simple matter is that people are assholes (certain groups are even bigger assholes) and are bugs that I must squash.

Sex is disgusting because I don't know how much of my sexual issues are my personal desires or media influence. Even when you turn the TV off, you still can't really hide from the media, which makes this so confusing. Does this finally make sense to anyone?

It just feels so unnatural for me to have sexual desires -- every time I think about it or am reminded of it, I get really really angry.

And I know for a fact that I did not change this into a sex topic. It was first and foremost a topic about current events.

And now I have to go to the bathroom, which is technically also a current event!

MBTI
    INTJ

Do you consider it a sign of the modern times that this is a recognised problem coming to light in media, kids hitting their parents over disputes concerning games? Would it be a sign that we as a civilization are more conservative now than liberal, getting upset over the lack of parental control? Or on the other hand, are we more liberal, frowning at the lack of freedom and permissivity expressed by this need for disobedience?

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer
    Did you just put that in to piss me off? I think you ought to take a really good look at the amazing quote in my sig. It puzzles me as to why people think dying a virgin is a bad thing. Believe it or not, there are more interesting things than that. The only reason people think that way is because the media tells them to.
    Not that pissing you off would cause me any heartache but no I didn't intentionally. Unlike you however he says he wants a girlfriend and of course to get laid. Is 23 old for virginity... I don't know. You would however figure that at least one would get to kissing/making out by that age if that's what they claimed to want. I would think at 23 you would have also learned to drive but he hasn't even done that. I understand your point however I choose to parent differently. I would not have chosen the way of the mom in that article either except for telling my son to get off of it. I'm OK with being a 'big meanie' sometimes.
    Well, I will grant you the job thing, because you need a job to afford your computer hardware. But other than that, I don't understand.

Some people are perfectly happy in front of a computer screen all day. Not knowing what else is out there increases your satisfaction, because your desires are fewer.
    I agree some people are very happy sitting in front of a screen. I imagine that he will probably end up with a job in that field actually. However as a child he doesn't get to make all of his own decisions. He is not capable of doing so. He is allowed decisions for his age and all the consequences that follow. I allow him to experience some of the negative so that he will learn from it. I do not trust him to make long term decisions regarding his development or see the future implications of where childish desires can lead. When he is an adult as I stated before he can do whatever makes himself content without my interference.
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lookin4theBestNU View Post
    Not that pissing you off would cause me any heartache but no I didn't intentionally.
    You probably didn't piss anyone at all off at all, claiming to be pissed off was most likely a response to get you to post what you just did.