User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Thank you, toonia. I highly doubt the 15yo got up in the morning and said, "Gosh, I think I'll molest my sister today". Behavior like that usually has warning signs, and after a cause. Molestation is never justified. Neither is murder. Murdering your son doesn't happen overnight, either. More than likely, Dad's affection and relationship with Jr died a long time ago.

It's just a sad, farked up situation all around.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    The violence of the father's reaction made me think that ultimately he scarred the boy which led to his violating behavior. I'm guessing the son was victimized before the father ever murdered him. The boy's frontal lobe development could even have been damaged beyond the limits of its natural development. Molestation is an act that results from power issues - the perpetrator typically has issues of powerlessness. Where would these come from? The story suggests a level of dysfunction that goes way beyond the two accounts of violence/violation.

Edit: The knee-jerk "kill the molester" reaction in society is precisely the reason so few with this illness get help. Threatening the person's life is not what cures them. It increases a sense of powerlessness. This kid was fifteen. There is brain scan evidence to demonstrate that the ability to identify emotion in others, the ability to process and moderate personal impulses, and the ability to synthesize and reason are limited at this age. The hardware of the brain has not fully developed. People who have been abused and not taught how to reason, or given the tools to moderate their impulses and emotions will further have impulse issues. The boy was ill - emotionally sick. He needed professional help. The father was likely a primary influence in making this kid sick. I'm not sure what upsets me more, the original story or the mob mentality that thinks any sort of justice was served in this incident.
    I agree. Bolded part even more.

MBTI
    INTJ

I first heard about this story listening to the radio where they talked to an FBI forensic psychologist/criminal profiler who said that making the kid strip down was done to embarrass the kid, but is a reflection of the embarrassment of the father. Not sure if that's true or not, obviously, but I just thought I'd throw that in.

Was the father correct in doing so? Who knows, because who knows how the son would have ended up without getting killed? Although, chances are he would have been sent to prison if he hadn't been killed and that wouldn't have been a pleasant experience for him, either.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    Yes! One less child molester in the world.
    I am of this opinion and do not bother to preface it with "playing devil's advocate".

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

^It's probably very true. The father was taking his embarrasment out on his son, kind of. It wasn't a hero thing at all.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by PoprocksAndCoke View Post
    ^It's probably very true. The father was taking his embarrasment out on his son, kind of. It wasn't a hero thing at all.
    Yeah, probably wasn't a hero thing at all. It probably isn't ever a hero thing when someone kills whoever molested their daughter. I'd probably do it too, though, or at least make sure he had a fun time in prison (not sure if it was my son, though).
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    I am of this opinion and do not bother to preface it with "playing devil's advocate".
    It's a touchy subject. I don't think there's a right answer...etc.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    IXFP

I always found it interesting that many believe that death is a fair punishment for rape/molestation. While I do hate these crimes I think killing someone for it is overreacting.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

In our state, a beautiful little 5 yo girl was sold into prostitution, raped and murdered just days ago. Practically the entire state of North Carolina turned out to find her before knowing of her death, and now the entire state wants to string her destroyer up the nearest flag pole.

He's being kept in a special confinement so the other prisoners don't kill him.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    In our state, a beautiful little 5 yo girl was sold into prostitution, raped and murdered just days ago. Practically the entire state of North Carolina turned out to find her before knowing of her death, and now the entire state wants to string her destroyer up the nearest flag pole.
    That isn't being mentally ill and confused.

That's being sadistic and evil.