First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Son of the Damned View Post
    Scum will be slaughtered by Scum. Now a sex offender is dead and a killer in prision. Justice served.
    In my opinion it should be the other way around.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Doubt father will be singled out to get "punked" in prison. He killed a child molester, he will get higher status for that by the other prisoners.

Think the father over reacted but feel his murder charges should be mitigated.

If someone molested my 3 year old daughter, regardless who they were, I would want to kill them...whether I would act on the desire for vengence it is altogether another story.
    Except, he most likely did not molest any three year old.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    But uh, they had the same name... the boy was a jr.
    (Unless the father adopted him and changed his name.)
    it was the mom and grandfather that had a different name. (Cherry)
    Yeah, i think ur right. It was his own biological son...

dang... what happened to a good old fashioned whipping? whole thing makes me feel like throwing up...

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Holy Mother of God. Now that little girl won't have a father; he'll be in prison wearing a wig and getting sodomized. That is one fooked up story, Bro. BLECH! What kind of sick 15 year old would ever consider doing that? A girl I went to high school with had been molested by a close family member. She was scarred, so emotionally damaged. I finally saw her 10 years after we graduated, while I was shopping at a hardware store. She introduced me to her husband. I was so happy for her. After 15 years of hell she finally was able to have a meaningful relationship. Such crimes are no laughing matter.
    Unless of course... the molestation involved a clown.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Unless of course... the molestation involved a clown.
    What the hell, Edgar.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh my god - that poor little girl. Her brother who molested her was murdered by her father who will be in prison and her mother will be a basket case. I feel so bad for the woman that the three year old girl is highly likely to become.

MBTI
    INTJ

The boy admitted touching his sister inappropriately to his mother...

Because he was boasting? Seeking help? Fighting and wanted to hurt her? Or she knew something and pressured the admission out of him? Or...?

But hey, he's dead now so whatevz.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    The boy admitted touching his sister inappropriately to his mother...
    Ummm...guilty much?

Because he was boasting? Seeking help? Fighting and wanted to hurt her? Or she knew something and pressured the admission out of him? Or...?
    NONE of the reasons you stated justify what he did, IMHO. There is no acceptable justification for molesting a child. NONE.

REF:
    Because he was boasting? = Hell of a thing to boast about

Seeking help? = He was 15, and should have known better if that's the case

Fighting and wanted to hurt her? = Fighting with a 3 yr. old? Molesting her to fight her?

Or she knew something and pressured the admission out of him? = Huh? The little 3 year old knew something and wanted to pressure it out of him?

Or...? = I don't care what or why, the older brother did something terribly wrong. Nothing justifies it in my book. It cannot be rationalized. Know what I mean?

But hey, he's dead now so whatevz.
    Now you're talkin!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    NONE of the reasons you stated justify what he did, IMHO. There is no acceptable justification for molesting a child. NONE.
    Agreed.

But there's tomorrow and there's yesterday and which one stands strongest in the mind. If the 15-year-old wasn't irrevocably lost to the pursuit of other children's misery, his execution may have come a tad too soon.

An infant needs protectors, perhaps also avengers, and so did the kid. If he was something that must be protected against, then he gave up his right to protection. Pistol Whippin' Pa made that decision. Perhaps he was right.

Oh and, "she" and "her" referred to the mother. I was puzzled over the "admitted... to his mother." As in, where did the admission come from?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

The violence of the father's reaction made me think that ultimately he scarred the boy which led to his violating behavior. I'm guessing the son was victimized before the father ever murdered him. The boy's frontal lobe development could even have been damaged beyond the limits of its natural development. Molestation is an act that results from power issues - the perpetrator typically has issues of powerlessness. Where would these come from? The story suggests a level of dysfunction that goes way beyond the two accounts of violence/violation.

Edit: The knee-jerk "kill the molester" reaction in society is precisely the reason so few with this illness get help. Threatening the person's life is not what cures them. It increases a sense of powerlessness. This kid was fifteen. There is brain scan evidence to demonstrate that the ability to identify emotion in others, the ability to process and moderate personal impulses, and the ability to synthesize and reason are limited at this age. The hardware of the brain has not fully developed. People who have been abused and not taught how to reason, or given the tools to moderate their impulses and emotions will further have impulse issues. The boy was ill - emotionally sick. He needed professional help. The father was likely a primary influence in making this kid sick. I'm not sure what upsets me more, the original story or the mob mentality that thinks any sort of justice was served in this incident.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)