User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Sniffles

You edited that in later. If you really want, I can PM you about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    You edited that in later. If you really want, I can PM you about this.
    Edited that in later makes it null and void?

I would really like if you can just answer in this thread.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Edited that in later makes it null and void?
    Your original remark was just "Supporting gay marriage is like supporting hitler!" and I responded to that message. Later on you edited in the rest. Point being, I missed your point supposedly because you edited in later - so thus I wasn't able to address it at the time.

I would really like if you can just answer in this thread.
    I would prefer to talk in private about it.

I would prefer to talk in private about it.
    Why?

All I'm asking for is clarification whether unconventional is conformist like his "rebelliousness was conformist".

Sniffles

No, my political views at the time were very unconventional - especially for your average American teenager to have.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I suspect the point P was making is that his [the kid's] family/church/social networks are prolly more pro gay marriage, thus as far as school he was being unconventional but for his primary social life was likely conventional or conforming to their values.

Like some kids who call themselves unconventional in high school but are really just strictly conventional to their social sect (i.e. some Goth/Punk cliques).

Personally I don't give a dam one way or the other.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

No, my political views at the time were very unconventional - especially for your average American teenager to have.
    Ah, so YOU were the special case of the noncoforming/unconventional rebellious teenager in your political view, while this 10-years old boy was the conforming rebellious child in his political view.

Even though, in each of your individual social setting/context, you both had unconventional pov (out of the norm, to one's surrounding, you to the average American teenager, him to most of the other 10yrs old in his class).

But, his doesn't count. Yours...does.

What?

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I suspect the point P was making is that his [the kid's] family/church/social networks are prolly more pro gay marriage, thus as far as school he was being unconventional but for his primary social life was likely conventional or conforming to their values.
    Are you expecting this 10 years old kid to have such a novel idea that NO ONE has thought of it before....and only then, it qualifies an nonconforming/unconventional?

As for this news piece: he wasn't standing up for gay marriage at his dinner table, he was doing it in school...just like Peguy did it in school and got called gaywad for it.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I suspect the point P was making is that his [the kid's] family/church/social networks are prolly more pro gay marriage, thus as far as school he was being unconventional but for his primary social life was likely conventional.
    Yes, I do strongly suspect that being the case here, especially with a kid that young. Also keep in mind: support for Gay rights is mainstream, and dare I say pretty much the trendy issue of the moment. Alot like advocating for an independent Tibet.

MBTI
    INFJ

Wonder if his parents put him up to it.