First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    You seem to forget this is a world wide propaganda movement. For instance, as I write, it is tearing apart your Church of England.
    I have no church!! I object to your assertions!! I am agnostic and proud of it!! I sign my name to no denomination!!

(And yes I know what you mean't and no I couldn't just let it slide )
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    So this is far, far bigger than a little boy. And it seems to me that this little boy is being used by forces far larger than he. And indeed forces that are abusing their position of trust to use this little boy in their propaganda campaign.

And I hope you won't just read my posts differently in the future. But I hope you will read most posts differently. For this is not a peer reviewed journal. Where it is not simple conversation, it is propaganda and rhetoric.

But unfortunately propaganda and rhetoric are pejorative words in our society, although propaganda surrounds us in advertising and rhetoric in politics.

So it would seem to be a good idea to learn what propaganda and rhetoric are, as we are surrounded by them here.

Of course you can retreat to moralism and that will probably make you feel better but won't be better for you.
    Okay two things are becoming obvious, firstly the usage of propaganda in that fashion is too broad. Basically it would cover anything communicated by someone with any ounce of an agenda which means the only time you aren't engaging in propaganda is when you aren't conscious of what you're saying or are otherwise incapacitated from attempting to further your own goals.

Secondly, it's obvious we differ in philosophy. When you see propaganda I see the media. It's the third party which you have over looked and they are probably more deserving of your accusations than either of the other two.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

As far as I'm aware, the boy made the initial choice to not salute the flag. It is possible he was put up to it, and that would make it a different case. If they pressure him to take a further position then he is exploited. I know ten-year-olds competing on national television demonstrating a skill, and I believe that children have a right to make a statement and demonstrate their intelligence and ideas. It is a potentially slippery slope, but as long as it was the boy's initial choice and isn't taken further, I don't know that it crosses the line of exploitation. I do recognize it as propaganda though since it is an appeal to innocence and the morality of the issue is obvious without a need for that. "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

At least they didn't take it this far. This is beautiful propaganda. "Maddy wants patient choice. She doesn't want her mommy's taxes to go up."
    YouTube - Republicans Use a Baby in Anti-Health Reform Speech - 11-07-09

Let's look into baby's future... can we all say indoctrination.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Hmm, a ten year old is refusing to endorse democracy because of his knowledge of homosexuality, were's the social services?
    "Endorsing democracy" isn't quite how I'd describe the Pledge of Allegiance. I think "endorsing nationalism" is a bit more accurate.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BlueinGreen View Post
    "Endorsing democracy" isn't quite how I'd describe the Pledge of Allegiance. I think "endorsing nationalism" is a bit more accurate.
    Hmm, yeah, dont agree.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Yep, I agree with this.
    I myself cannot say "with liberty and justice for all" while we have a Guantanamo and a Bagram. I really don't like telling lies.
    :steam:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueinGreen View Post
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Life can be miserable and then a ten year old can justify the existence of all of mankind and, suddenly, life becomes worth living.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

your resident asshole

I don't believe that totally equality can ever happen. This kid is never going to say the Pledge of Allegiance again.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Cool, finally a reason to move to Texas. Yeah the plain reading of the law sounds like it just illegalised all marriage within the state.
    I think they should. Marriage shouldn't be a legal status, and it bothers me that people get a tax break for it considering that we're overpopulated as it is. Might make sense if we were trying to increase the population. It makes no sense unless the government is officially a religious government. Otherwise the ceremony should create the marriage.

It would also eliminate the need for and complexity of divorce proceedings, because there would be no such thing as "joint ownership/community property" in a marriage.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I think they should. Marriage shouldn't be a legal status, and it bothers me that people get a tax break for it considering that we're overpopulated as it is. Might make sense if we were trying to increase the population. It makes no sense unless the government is officially a religious government. Otherwise the ceremony should create the marriage.

It would also eliminate the need for and complexity of divorce proceedings, because there would be no such thing as "joint ownership/community property" in a marriage.
    Wha-wha-wait. We're overpopulated? When did this happen?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFP

Should be surely hung... or at the very least sent to bed with no supper and told that Father Christmas is not real......... THE YOUTH OF TODAY :disapproving frown face thingy:
    ... couldn't drag me away

Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??