User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by wank View Post
    I simply disagree with this whole 'medical via government' on the premise that I don't believe that's what the government should be getting it's nose into. Simply, I don't see it as a fundamental right. Perhaps a sympathetic right, but not fundamental,... and it's something that the market already has a product for.

Well what do you believe is a fundamental right?
    INTp (MBTI)
    LII (Socionics) but typed as ILI as well
    5 wing 6
    Ti > Ni > Si > Ne > Te > Fi > Se > Fe

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by dga View Post
    Why is it that we never see so much opposition from those against health care for all when it comes to military spending?
    Never?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Never?
    no, never, and the exceptions prove the rule should you find a post or article or 2.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by dga View Post
    no, never, and the exceptions prove the rule should you find a post or article or 2.
    I don't need an article. I am an exception.

What kind of circular logic are using to back your claim that "exceptions prove the rule"?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    enfp

First you say that corporations are hiding the cure for cancer, and now you say that profit motive does not always favor serving the public interest (as though that somehow proves your point). Do you not see the massive logical gap between your statements?
    No, because that wasn't my point. It was merely an example for the average laymen. Such conflicts of interest lie at so many points in the healthcare system, ranging from insurance reimbursement policies, to laboratory test selections, to laboratory R&D, to incentives for doctors, etc... It was something called a big picture painting. Of course, if you don't care for paintings, then whats the point. You obviously know very little about the healthcare system, whether as a researcher, doctor, insurance, labs, etc... so our level of interaction has to be debased to your level, which is little.

This is pretty boring dood. We are on different levels, lets leave it at that.

Your view is far too idealistic.
    No. We just live in different paradigms. You have the typical east coast institutionalized mentality.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Nomad View Post
    No, because that wasn't my point. It was merely an example for the average laymen. Such conflicts of interest lie at so many points in the healthcare system, ranging from insurance reimbursement policies, to laboratory test selections, to laboratory R&D, to incentives for doctors, etc... It was something called a big picture painting. Of course, if you don't care for paintings, then whats the point. You obviously know very little about the healthcare system, whether as a researcher, doctor, insurance, labs, etc... so our level of interaction has to be debased to your level, which is little.

This is pretty boring dood. We are on different levels, lets leave it at that.
    The possibility that you did a poor job of painting any sort of sensible picture obviously hasn't crossed your mind. But hey, if you fail to communicate your point, it must be because you're so far above everyone else.

What I've seen so far from you looks more like a set of random statements - like a Sarah Palin speech - than any sort of coherent argument.

No. We just live in different paradigms. You have the typical east coast institutionalized mentality.
    Well, since I'm from the Midwest, I guess you could say that viewpoint has spread. Just like when you learned Santa Claus was not real, you'll eventually grow of that blindly idealistic viewpoint.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    They voting on whether or not to rob me to pay for people who have made shitty choices in their lives. Doesn't get any more real than that.
    You appear blindly unaware of the privilege that was gifted to you by way of the race and class that you were born with. Have you read a single piece of academic literature regarding such issues? I suppose we both know that answer given your bolded statement.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    enfp

The possibility that you did a poor job of painting any sort of sensible picture obviously hasn't crossed your mind. But hey, if you fail to communicate your point, it must be because you're so far above everyone else.

What I've seen so far from you looks more like a set of random statements - like a Sarah Palin speech - than any sort of coherent argument.
    Okay, well if u mean it, then my bad. Its just in general I try not to holistically put myself out there into these sort of debates, because I am almost always disappointed with the outcome in the national level. But yeah, I could have done a much better job in explaining it, its just that most of these debates i read, usually never ends up in any sort of positive outcome it seems...

Well, since I'm from the Midwest, I guess you could say that viewpoint has spread. Just like when you learned Santa Claus was not real, you'll eventually grow of that blindly idealistic viewpoint.
    I've seen it in other democratic countries, where voting societies can make conscious decisions and politicians are more afraid of the people than they are here. I think thats a very healthy thing to have.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    You appear blindly unaware of the privilege that was gifted to you by way of the race and class that you were born with. Have you read a single piece of academic literature regarding such issues? I suppose we both know that answer given your bolded statement.
    This seems to be the problem with the entire healthcare thing.

People are reverting back to the middle ages. If you're sick, it's because of your own sin, so nobody should try to help you for it.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post

What a blindly condescending attitude.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"