User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    This is a volunteer effin' army.
    Apparently it's not, this guy had been requesting to be discharged from the military for years.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Requesting to terminate his contract early? Yeah, good luck with that. But he's a Major. It takes more than a few years to get that rank. No one enlists in the army for 20 years right off the bat. He had to have re-instated his contract on more than one occasion to be in the position he's in now.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Apparently it's not, this guy had been requesting to be discharged from the military for years.
    Then why did he re-enlist? You can't run an army in which people can just up and leave because they've decided they don't like it anymore. Incidentally, can you send a link about his alleged ethnic discrimination? I don't remember reading it on any of the news articles.

MBTI
    INTP

Requesting to terminate his contract early? Yeah, good luck with that. But he's a Major. It takes more than a few years to get that rank. No one enlists in the army for 20 years right off the bat. He had to have re-instated his contract on more than one occasion to be in the position he's in now.
    Why should the army have to keep people like that? He obviously didn't belong there. He was even on the FBI's radar because of threatening internet postings he made.

Enneagram
    1w2

You know it's nothing I love more than knee jerk and lightening quick emotional reactions, but can we wait a minute before we start hating him please?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INTJ

A rather infuriating story. This is why we can't have nice things.

What makes things worse is he's a Major?? This is a volunteer effin' army. He had to of known by the time he got that rank if he at all liked this job or not. What a lame excuse for taking life. "Pretty upset" about deployment and "oh no.. discrimination in the army?! NO WAY!" What a fucking joke. I hope we slaughter that man and bump our death row toll to 406.
    Yeah, he didn't want to be part of the "senseless war" so he senselessly shot and killed a dozen people, and wounded 30. I think its a good thing he survived. Maybe he'll realize what a piece of shit he is before the army hangs him.

Anyway, about the MBTI aspect of it all. The military, being mostly filled with STJs, can easily fall victim to STJ weaknesses - namely getting entrenched in buerocracy and disregard for the human factor. I mean how can you not see this shit comming? He wasn't a VTech student loner - he was an officer who had people in charge of him. And they should have noticed something was off and addressed it, instead transfering him from base to base. If I noticed anything while being in the military, is that SJs thrive in the strict heirarchy and authoritarian discipline of the military, but easily forget that not everybody thinks like that - just because you give an order to a subordinate, doesn't mean he'll follow it like a robot.

Interestingly enough, according to Keirsey, this "over SJness" in the Union army led to a lot of losses suffered during battles with the Confederates, whose army had a more diverse personality type mix.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Then why did he re-enlist? You can't run an army in which people can just up and leave because they've decided they don't like it anymore. Incidentally, can you send a link about his alleged ethnic discrimination? I don't remember reading it on any of the news articles.
    It seems to be in all the articles now.

Fort Hood Shooting Suspect Harassed By Others In Military and Wanted Out, Family Said - ABC News

MBTI
    INTJ

Well if his family says that he's really a victim and not the agressor then it must be true.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTP

A little positive news, about the person who ended up stopping him.

Kimberly Munley, the civilian police officer who confronted and shot the Fort Hood gunman, is being hailed as a hero today.

The base's top commander, Lieutenant General Bob Cone, credited her with stopping the shooting rampage that killed 13 people despite being wounded herself.

Cone added that Munley and her partner responded within three minutes of reported gunfire on Thursday afternoon. Munley had been directing traffic moments before she confronted the gunman, reports the New York Daily News.

The AP reports:

Base officials lauded an officer, Kimberly Munley, who shot the gunman and was wounded herself.

"She happened to encounter the gunman. In an exchange of gunfire, she was wounded but managed to wound him four times," Cone said. "It was an amazing and aggressive performance by this police officer."
    Kimberly Munley: The Hero Cop Who Ended The Fort Hood Rampage

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    You know it's nothing I love more than knee jerk and lightening quick emotional reactions, but can we wait a minute before we start hating him please?
    WTF, he killed 13 people? When is a good time to start?