User Tag List

12311 Last

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Default Should there be such thing as "white pride"?

Checked the search engine on the topic, and was surprised to find there weren't any.

I was talking to a friend online the other day, and she ranted about how someone she knew was celebrating being white. To quote her slightly emotional opinion on the matter:

MY BEST FRIEND TANYA SENT ME A f***ing WHITE PRIDE TEXT FORWARD TODAY.

WHAT.
    THE.
    f***.

Apparently she thought that because I am all about gay rights and gay pride, that I would naturally jump on the white pride bandwagon. Um. WHAT. White pride is f***ing s***. You want to know why? Because white people are the MAJORITY CULTURE. We do not need Caucasian Clubs, we do not need White Pride marches, because we HAVE THE PRIVILEGE IN THIS COUNTRY. We have never had to worry about our rights being taken away. We have never had to worry about store clerks following us around because of our skin color. We have never had people cross the sidewalk to avoid us because of skin color. OR ANY OF THE MYRIAD OTHER f***ing s*** THINGS PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT WHITE HAVE TO DEAL WITH ON A DAILY BASIS. How can you even think for a SECOND white pride is a valid idea?????? WHAT f***ing PLANET ARE YOU ON?????

ARGGHGHHGHGHGHGHG POIA;KFJDSAOFHAMVSFDMNBV ;HG HS;OI BDSU MHUFDMHUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKEYBOARD SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 111

I am so BEYOND FURIOUS right now. I am LIVID. I do not get angry very often but right now I am so angry I can't even think. I am torn between wanting to cry and wanting to beat the s*** out of something.

ALSO, GAY RIGHTS---CIVIL f***ing RIGHTS---ARE SO NOT EVEN IN THE SAME UNIVERSE AS "WHITE PRIDE." OH MY f***ing GOD WHAT KIND OF f***ing IDIOT ARE YOU???????????????????? ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH; ASFH IA'FH;ADMGCLHSVNKLBFSDAHLNBGSD;HIBOMSVDG ;MBSH; DM ;HUGZHUFSZ;HGFAH;LFMD ;HOHD G;UH DGH;OGDBSH;OIMFD;MHFGDS;MODFA;DH FDH DNLDFAN ADNVL FDN NLK DNLCNLH ADH;UADFH; U uy agrpb ya ern er80yf eghun bhfsdhuvmh df;hu md;hn dlmkvznklvnlj.
    I agreed with it initially, but my secondary response was, "lol wut". I looked up the definition of pride, for starters: "pleasure or satisfaction taken in something done by or belonging to oneself or believed to reflect credit upon oneself: civic pride."

I can understand why societies in the minority feel as though they warrant a day to celebrate the hardships of discrimination and how they rose to equality. It's just that to me it seems as though "pride" can only be distributed to societies with a romantic background; rising from the bottom to the top (or equal, in this case). The main argument against pride of being white, heterosexual, etc is that "Well you've always had it easy!" It seems that pride implies a certain romanticism. Why can't the caucausian community simply dedicate a day in which they celebrate how they contributed to the world?

My thoughts are still in the grey, with this topic. Yes, I am white, but I'm not saying, "MANIFEST DESTINY, BATCH", which is how I usually come across when I state this side of the arguement.To me, the whole against white pride thing is slightly hypocritical, in that political correctness is so desperate to not discriminate the "minority", that the majority are [un]intentionally put in the corner.

I know this is a slightly tender topic. My post wasn't so much for white pride, but a slight annoyance for the people strongly against it. So. *blindfolds self, awaiting to be shot* Thoughts?
    Um, yeah.

Enneagram
    1w2

I eagerly await the responses to this.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

I'm going to bed now (it's 23:53 over here) so I'm dreading them. Knowing that I'm going to return to this topic being hated on, and that I can't respond to them until later.
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Well, theoretically, the act of feeling pride in one's ethnicity isn't necessarily poisonous. It's only when one begins to believe that his particular makeup is superior to others that racial pride becomes dangerous.

To that end, it just so happens that the philosophy of "White Pride" has often been evoked when channeling violence and racial suppression. Over time, the repeated conjuration of White Pride (read: White Power) - in conjunction with violence and brutality - has ruined the reputation of the ideology.

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

No. My feelings on this are too long to write down. Basically we are all one. And pride in something suggests an equal 'anti'pride in all else.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I have pride in being scottish, and my kids in being german and polish, hopefully. I have some dutch, german, I can't remember everything that comes from my grandma, actually.

I love going to the scottish games, I tear up at the massed bands (a huge group of bagpipe/drum bands) when they play. (I'm a dork, ok?)

White pride? In what? My skin color? My skin color isn't even the same as all my kids, not much to be "proud" of in skin tone.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

It was also pisses me off when a black person gets brought up in the news for showing racist towards whites or sometimes even mexicans and its called "reverse-racism"....Uh...its just racism idiots.

But I understand your point of view on this. Im pretty much the same way. If all these people where really into equality they wouldnt bitch about us having our own month or holiday...or TV channel.
    SDMF

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Hexis View Post
    But I understand your point of view on this. Im pretty much the same way. If all these people where really into equality they wouldnt bitch about us having our own month or holiday...or TV channel.
    That's the thing, though.

Every month is white month. Every channel is the white channel. White privilege is everywhere in our culture.

White people rarely notice it, because they've never been without it.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I believe in white pride. Purple pride too. Can we all get along?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Serious man I am against politician correctness too but those who wave those "colors" very often lead to cunts who deal in "white superiority" and hate mongering.

Consider this story, it may help you decide the paths you take or it may just entertain:
    Had a Polish American friend who got into that. Several months down the line he was playfully goose-stepping with the Nazi salute, we looked at it as a joke in bad taste but could clearly see he was getting off on it. Then we started hearing stuff, consequences (i.e. someone from his job got fired for flying those colors. Another of his close friends/and a brother of another one of my friends stabbing and killing a Mexican while yelling ethnic epitaphs) What looked playful at first became more and more of an identity thing with him.

We told him that Hitler lead genocide against the Poles too (to us it seemed crazy like a Jew Nazi or Black Klansman). Too late he didn't care. We laughed at the absurdity but there was a nausea behind the laughter and we all knew the whole thing would end badly for him.

Haven't seen him in ages. The family fell apart. I don't think it served him well.

As an alternative consider doing your own family tree and looking up your European roots and learn of their struggles in this American/European experiment.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"