First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    It never became apparent to me that I thought this way until three of my online friends turned out to be Asians, and I was surprised because they didn't "seem" like Asians. They were warmer, more empathetic, more open, and less calculating than I perceived most Asians to be... even the INTJ one.
    Actually most Chinese people I know are really friendly and happy-go-lucky, they love to have big tables at dinner where everybody is chatting loudly. More friendly than the average western european. Of course, not every culture socializes at the dinner table, so I might be "biased" in the sense that for some casual reason both chinese and italians spend a lot of time preparing and eating food.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Lumping whites into a single group is absurd. English and German immigrants did not face the same challenges as the Irish and others. It would make more sense to take pride in your family name. That carries much more weight.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    The black pride movement was aimed at gaining civil rights and equality. Blacks had a reason to mobilize as a group. Whites haven't had those same non-racist reasons to foment white pride, which is why the movement is just centered around racism.
    Whites haven't had those reasons in most of the world. A White Pride movement in circa-2009 Zimbabwe might have some basis, though.

And it's funny that the rednecks who say whites are a superior race are also the least impressive group of white people in the world.
    I make this point often. I only know a few openly racist white people who are highly intelligent. They tend not to take a "White Pride" stance, either.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP

Sun is up there in daytime, even if you do not always see it. I can assure you it is there.
    The reason you do not always see it is the clouds. The clouds act as a filter. Such is the thing in the Old Merry and thereabouts. The people use to carry umbrellas in the island of the Old Merry.
    Their ancestors came from what now is Spain, thousands of years ago. They had more skin colour those days. Their descendants in the cloudy island had no use for the skin colour, it was harmful because it prevented a certain vitamin to develop. The skin colour dropped off.

So these people, or their descendants in America, should now be proud because of the cloudy weather?

One day my grandmother, when she was a child, went to another village. To visit.
    A villager there said to her: Does it rain in your village?
    My grandmother said: Yes.
    The villager said: It does not rain here. It is odd.
    The God in your village is not the same God as the God in our village?

About the same time period my grandfather boarded a ship in Hango in Finland, to go to America. The ship had to fetch some cargo in Hull, England.
    The Finnish country boys were standing on deck. They heard the English workmen speak to each other in the harbour of Hull.
    The boys shouted: Hey you there! Speak Finnish! Otherwise you cannot understand what you are saying!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    crap

Taking pride in any coincidence is pretty silly.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Taking pride in any coincidence is pretty silly.
    Boy, you best shut up and eat this hot dog, 'fore Uncle Sam rounds up a gang of fine, red-blooded Americans to beat your unpatriotic white ass 'til it's bright blue.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Sun is up there in daytime, even if you do not always see it. I can assure you it is there.
    The reason you do not always see it is the clouds. The clouds act as a filter. Such is the thing in the Old Merry and thereabouts. The people use to carry umbrellas in the island of the Old Merry.
    Their ancestors came from what now is Spain, thousands of years ago. They had more skin colour those days. Their descendants in the cloudy island had no use for the skin colour, it was harmful because it prevented a certain vitamin to develop. The skin colour dropped off.

So these people, or their descendants in America, should now be proud because of the cloudy weather?

One day my grandmother, when she was a child, went to another village. To visit.
    A villager there said to her: Does it rain in your village?
    My grandmother said: Yes.
    The villager said: It does not rain here. It is odd.
    The God in your village is not the same God as the God in our village?

About the same time period my grandfather boarded a ship in Hango in Finland, to go to America. The ship had to fetch some cargo in Hull, England.
    The Finnish country boys were standing on deck. They heard the English workmen speak to each other in the harbour of Hull.
    The boys shouted: Hey you there! Speak Finnish! Otherwise you cannot understand what you are saying!
    Quite right, wildcat. In Thailand the women have big feet - it makes the back massages better.

Maybe they should set up Big Feet Pride in Thailand, as a celebration of their unique evolutionary quirk. Sounds ridiculous, because it is ridiculous.

But the whitest of the white "races" hail from Belorus. The gasses from the Pripyet marshes give them a ghostly look. But Adolph did not want them in his club.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

If other people get to celebrate their genetic heritage, then so shall I.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    If other people get to celebrate their genetic heritage, then so shall I.
    There's nothing wrong with Irish flags or Oktoberfest or the Feast of San Gennaro. But there is something at least distasteful about White Pride.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

The only thing distasteful about white pride is that people hear the word white pride and hear "I hate everyone who isn't white".

If the pride is simply being stoked on where you come from and what you are, I see no problem with it.

Being uncomfortable with white pride seems to come more from people not wanting to get lumped in with supremacists than anything else.