User Tag List

First 344243444546 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

The problem with white pride is that it is almost always organized in a hostile manner, attacking people of other ethnic backgrounds. If it were organized in a positive way, highlighting achievements, based on respect for mankind and providing for a system of in-group support rather than oppression of others, there would be nothing wrong with it. I suppose in most areas people might not see a need for it, but in say, Hawaii, where they used to have Kill Haole day and there is a strong and dominant Asian majority, it might be nice to have someone back you up.

Still, the existence of pride groups at all in America is a sign of failure and Balkanization (oh those lovely Balkans). America is no longer a salad bowl or a melting pot but a place where people come to scramble for the almighty dollar and fight for "what's theirs" at the expense of everyone else. Whites want to have "pride" because everyone else does, but the truth is that everyone, including whites, would rather whine about life being unfair than make things better for themselves and the country as a whole.
    There are miles to go before I sleep...

heh yeah i'm originally from hawaii. almost everyone is racist there. even the sweetest old ladies.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

"after pride comes the fall"
    and seriously, being even slightly prideful over something like your ethinicity?
    how brain-fucked can you be?
    I N V I C T U S

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    "after pride comes the fall"
    and seriously, being even slightly prideful over something like your ethinicity?
    how brain-fucked can you be?
    Everyone's doing it.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Identity politics! Two friendships destroyed and one prevented for every time Martin Luther King, Jr. spins in his grave!

MBTI
    INTP

I think it's hard to think of "White Pride" as anything other than reactionary and inflammatory. It wouldn't exist if minority pride movements hadn't irked people who didn't like minorities. And those minority pride movements came about because those individual groups already felt marginalized. You can't really make a convincing case for white people feeling marginalized--at least not seriously. It's like those men who get bitter because they've been dumped by too many women, so they blame it on feminism and start male pride movements. You can just feel the bitterness pouring off them. It's not becoming, and neither is "White Pride."

I don't really get White Pride, anyway--I get pride in one's individual heritage (Irish, Italian, British, whatever), but pride in being a Caucasian seems kind of odd.
    Something Witty

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I think it's hard to think of "White Pride" as anything other than reactionary and inflammatory. It wouldn't exist if minority pride movements hadn't irked people who didn't like minorities. And those minority pride movements came about because those individual groups already felt marginalized. You can't really make a convincing case for white people feeling marginalized--at least not seriously. It's like those men who get bitter because they've been dumped by too many women, so they blame it on feminism and start male pride movements. You can just feel the bitterness pouring off them. It's not becoming, and neither is "White Pride."
    Yeah, there really is no reason for the power wielding majority to need white identity support groups.

It's no coincidence, that in American, the place where White Pride is most prevalent, is in jail. Where white people have the least power and benefit the most from grouping together, in order to compete for power. Even non-racist whites will often join White Pride gangs, just for protection.

... damn, I watch too much Lock Up on MSNBC.

I don't really get White Pride, anyway--I get pride in one's individual heritage (Irish, Italian, British, whatever), but pride in being a Caucasian seems kind of odd.
    They'd probably tell you that they just have pride in their heritage as well -- European heritage in general.

MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    Woe is the white middle-class Christian man in America.

:rolli:
    I'm not american nor am I christian. I was raised middle class but did not receive fiscal assistance from my family once I reached post-secondary. This put me at a decided disadvantage once I was out of high-school compared to pretty much everyone. I saw women and minorities receiving hundreds or thousands of dollars to bolster their representation while I slogged through at ground level with nothing. I wasn't even eligible for student loans based on what my family earned. :steam:

yeah, black pride is okay because there's only one kind of black. See papua new guineans, australian aborigines, etc.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    I'm not american nor am I christian. I was raised middle class but did not receive fiscal assistance from my family once I reached post-secondary.
    Excuse me, but my post wasn't a shot at you.

This put me at a decided disadvantage once I was out of high-school compared to pretty much everyone. I saw women and minorities receiving hundreds or thousands of dollars to bolster their representation while I slogged through at ground level with nothing. I wasn't even eligible for student loans based on what my family earned. :steam:
    Um. Okay. Do you even understand what "white privilege" is under sociological terms?

Would you like me to direct you to some of my earlier posts?