User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

There is inherently nothing wrong with this. It is a little off beat though. One might as well have Human Pride, or Mammal Pride. Nothing wrong...but who cares?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    There is inherently nothing wrong with this. It is a little off beat though. One might as well have Human Pride, or Mammal Pride. Nothing wrong...but who cares?
    We should totally have Mammal Pride, mammaries are awesome
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Identity politics: Rending communities and enabling affluent guilt since 1968!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

I'm Latino, and I don't know about everyone else but I myself am a little tired of the whole race thing.. I say be proud of who you are but don't try to put your race above everyone else's because of it. Really all it's doing is dividing people.. I'm tired of hearing the race card being pulled in the media as much as the next person.. why feed into this?

That's what I tend to see with it all.. I just think the whole "You can't be proud because your not part of our group" thing is stupid already.. it's time for everyone to get over race, color and whatever else, be proud in who you are as a person but don't put down the rest who don't fit into your "group".

Everyone's ancestors have gone through so much, every race has gone through hardships to be accepted and fought through racism, why keep it alive and going with this crap?
    “Always be sincere, whether you mean it or not.”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

We have white pride.

They just call it "patriotism," because white people are the dominant race in most of the countries they live in.

Truthfully, other subcultures need a secondary identity group of "pride," because they don't feel adequately represented by mainstream allegiance.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Dunno...should I be proud of tanning? Should I be proud of staying inside? Meaningless question imho. Although, I think I look better in summer, so I am proud when I tan.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Sometimes... I'd rather be colorblind.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Sometimes... I'd rather be colorblind.
    +1

Me too. You can't help but look for patterns when you can see the skin color, and you always find yourself wondering how much different your first impression of them would have been if you hadn't seen their skin color first.

For instance, I've almost never had an Asian friend in real life, partly because I've gotten the impression that they were too intelligent, eccentric, and mired in foreign traditions involving close-knit community ties and unexpected taboos to be approachable by the average American.

It never became apparent to me that I thought this way until three of my online friends turned out to be Asians, and I was surprised because they didn't "seem" like Asians. They were warmer, more empathetic, more open, and less calculating than I perceived most Asians to be... even the INTJ one.

Sometimes it feels like racism is impossible to overcome on a broad scale, even if it's easy to overcome with individuals.

Junior Member DigitalStreetfighter's Avatar
    MBTI
    INtp

I think those that celebrate the colour of their skin assume all their previous ancestors were the same colour. Some of them might be very surprised.

All for people being proud of their ancestors as without them you would not exist today.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

The black pride movement was aimed at gaining civil rights and equality. Blacks had a reason to mobilize as a group. Whites haven't had those same non-racist reasons to foment white pride, which is why the movement is just centered around racism.

And it's funny that the rednecks who say whites are a superior race are also the least impressive group of white people in the world.