User Tag List

First 26343536373846 Last

Results 351 to 360 of 474

  1. #351
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    I have to be honest, I didn't read this, as I don't read any posts on current affairs that start with "say there was a society where people were 8 feet tall", or "imagine a farmer with 2 cows". Abstract axioms are an excuse to ignore reality. I live in the real world and am interested in what's happening in our actually existing society.
    You sure about that INTx label, buddy?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  2. #352
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rez View Post
    I don't find that to be the case. Take a look at Stormfront.. You'll find a lot of rednecks. I can't seem to bring myself close enough for a more accurate sampling though.

    Some of the skinheads I've met didn't do shit but drink. No jobs, it seemed. They also packed themselves in 2 shitty looking cars, looking for fights. Doesn't seem very "well off" to me.
    Yep. They're generally the lowest of the low socioeconomically. Therefore, they need some means of self-valuation. Since the Scots-Irish who emigrated to the South generally had their culture beaten out of them by the contemporary social structure, the only thing they really have to cling to is this ethereal sense of "whiteness".

    Basically, they know how despised they are in society. However, they can still be better than the blacks/Mexicans/Jews/terrorists etc.

  3. #353
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunward View Post
    I'm not stating I'm sure that it is. I'm stating I've only seen it as such. I'm open to other ideas.
    By "ideas", what do you mean? what kind of ideas are you open to? News stories of hate crimes? A simple Googling is simple enough. Or do you need a personal interview with an Aryan Nation member? Because I couldn't help with that one. Or maybe you just want to hash out theories? I couldn't really help with that one either.

    How about I just go for a more personal bent here. Riddle me this: If White Pride is reactionary, and only combatting what they perceive as threats from other ethnic communities -- then where do I fit in the equation? I am half white, can't be jealous of them since I share heritage with them, committed no crimes against them, belong to no distinct community that did anything to them, and top it off, share whatever privileges they have too (both imagined and real).. and yet, you could do a search on Stormfront and find all of them with an opinion about "Mongrel Eurasians" like myself. In their eyes, I am also an offense. Even though I want or need nothing material from them.

    And here's my point, they are more concerned about Purity. It is an Idealogy. And idealogies set forth directives to make an effect on the world. This is the opposite of being merely reactionary or a victim in some way. They are here to create something, not just to fend off something.

    I'm sure there are some white supremacists who are victims too, don't get me wrong - but they still eventually embrace an idealogy that has nothing to do being victims. They would consider that an insult. They consider themselves Pure and Powerful, not Victims.

  4. #354
    Priestess Of Syrinx Katsuni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    I think if anyone wants to claim they can be proud of their 'race' then everyone has to be able to.

    Obviously if we exclude one, regardless of majority/minority/etc, then therefore, noone can have one.

    If I go to say... africa... can I have a white history month there due to the minority status now?

    Asians make up the majority of the population on the planet, could I make a global statement of white pride?

    And WTH is "white" anyway? I'm a euromutt... scottish, irish, brittish, lithuanian, probably some german, definately some nordic, so wth is "white"? Most of these countries fought wars with each other because they were different >.>

    So whot makes "blacks" a massive organization that deserves "recognition for whot all blacks have accomplished"? Uhm... well... nothing really because it's too vague a term.

    How about asians? China built a HUGE ASS WALL to keep the mongolians out. If we even break it down to north vs south korea they HATE each other, and they share the same country name!

    So really, whot's the point of trying to group up like this in the first place? It's kinda pointless and stupid.

    Oh wait, I know whot the point is... it's people trying to give themselves some kind of recognition and benefit for having absolutely no relation to someone else's achievements or suffering.

    I'm sorry, I wasn't alive 200 years ago, I didn't kill off the native americans myself. In fact, my family only recently migrated so they didn't either. Yet I still hold the potential to get blamed for something I had no part in, by someone who wasn't there, and didn't experience any of it firsthand.

    In fact, the different cultures my background comes from were usually at war with each other, or enslaving one or the other pretty much throughout the ages. So can I celebrate the fact that somehow I was born despite that my ancestry claims such shouldn't've been possible?

    To those who suffered through miserable crap, yes, life sucked, in fact life sucks in general for everyone. Even in the best and most ideallic of cases, there's always "something" that seems like crap, yeur perception of life sucks vs life is good, is a sliding scale, and 'sucks' is always present no matter whot. We don't have to live through hunting for our supper with a sharp stick, or going days without food because of a snowstorm, but we have a recession and the gas prices suck.

    That being said... as long as we keep boasting about these things and clinging to them, we're never going to escape them. Racism STILL exists. Sexism STILL exists. So whot? Best way to ditch them at this stage is to treat it as normal. If yeu keep seperating people, then they're going to hate each other just because they're in the other group, despite having no reason at all otherwise to do so. Take a look at even video games... WoW is a great example; alliance and horde hate each other. There's no reason for it; it's an arbitrary division that has no real purpose. Why does an orc like a troll but hate a dwarf? I had to pick a race to play the game at all, so why does everyone on the other side hate my guts?

    They do it because... it's an excuse to hate someone.

    They're going to hate SOMEONE no matter whot. If we were all identical in uniforms, identical hair, genetics, and were all absolute perfect clones of each other, we'd still find ways to hate each other. And then we'd start a huge war and kill the "other" people, even though they're identical.

    Yeah. Go figure.

    Race and skin colour means pretty much nothing. There's some tiny differences, but the majority of the difference is cultural, not skin tone based. And if yeu're a black american, yeu're really just an american. Once people get used to that concept, then yeu can go on hating people in other countries instead. Why bother with infighting in yeur own country when yeu can hate china or france or whoteverstan?

    Anyways, the whole "colour pride" thing is stupid. Think michael jackson's song "black or white" actually had the best explaination of it...

    "See, It's Not About Races
    Just Places
    Faces
    Where Your Blood
    Comes From
    Is Where Your Space Is
    I've Seen The Bright
    Get Duller
    I'm Not Gonna Spend
    My Life Being A Color"



    So seriously, any time yeu take "pride" in being a colour or race or whotever, yeu're just intentionally segregating yeurself, which just means yeu're now "different" and now a target to be the "them" flavour of the month. "They stole my job" "We're gonna show them" etc etc.

    So long as yeu want to be different, yeu will pay the price for being different because humans flat out hate anything different. If yeu boast about being black, then yeah, people are going to go GRRR at yeu. If yeu go "zomg whites are awesome!" they'll hate yeu too because yeu just seperated yeurself from them.

    And as soon as yeu are not one of "us", yeu become one of "them". And "US" is *ALWAYS* better than "THEM".

    So why do we still segregate ourselves like this? Why would yeu even WANT to have 'pride' in yeur 'race'? I'm quite miserable being related to the human race as it is with all the crap yeu people pull without having to artificially add even more things to be bleh about.

  5. #355
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Yep. They're generally the lowest of the low socioeconomically. Therefore, they need some means of self-valuation. Since the Scots-Irish who emigrated to the South generally had their culture beaten out of them by the contemporary social structure, the only thing they really have to cling to is this ethereal sense of "whiteness".

    Basically, they know how despised they are in society. However, they can still be better than the blacks/Mexicans/Jews/terrorists etc.

    Oh my God. onemoretime is actually Thomas Sowell!!!
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  6. #356
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Oh my God. onemoretime is actually Thomas Sowell!!!
    I don't think this situation was self-generating; I think it was imposed by the dominant English planter class as a means of maintaining social control.

  7. #357
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rez View Post
    By "ideas", what do you mean? what kind of ideas are you open to? News stories of hate crimes? A simple Googling is simple enough. Or do you need a personal interview with an Aryan Nation member? Because I couldn't help with that one. Or maybe you just want to hash out theories? I couldn't really help with that one either.

    How about I just go for a more personal bent here. Riddle me this: If White Pride is reactionary, and only combatting what they perceive as threats from other ethnic communities -- then where do I fit in the equation? I am half white, can't be jealous of them since I share heritage with them, committed no crimes against them, belong to no distinct community that did anything to them, and top it off, share whatever privileges they have too (both imagined and real).. and yet, you could do a search on Stormfront and find all of them with an opinion about "Mongrel Eurasians" like myself. In their eyes, I am also an offense. Even though I want or need nothing material from them.

    And here's my point, they are more concerned about Purity. It is an Idealogy. And idealogies set forth directives to make an effect on the world. This is the opposite of being merely reactionary or a victim in some way. They are here to create something, not just to fend off something.

    I'm sure there are some white supremacists who are victims too, don't get me wrong - but they still eventually embrace an idealogy that has nothing to do being victims. They would consider that an insult. They consider themselves Pure and Powerful, not Victims.
    By ideas, I meant there are probably several reasons why some people exhibit "white pride." I stated that I've seen it as being reactionary. I'm open to the idea that some do it out of purist ideology, which is to say I have no problem believing it to be true. Fuck, way to build a strawman.

  8. #358
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    What strawman? I asked what you meant by ideas, and that's it.

    Other than that, the rest is just my personal statement on the matter. I'm talking about them, not you. I don't need to convince myself that any of it is reactionary. These people have a problem with my kind too, just like blacks, and I don't even know who the fuck they are...nor do I want anything from them.

  9. #359
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rez View Post
    What strawman? I asked what you meant by ideas, and that's it. The only "strawmen" I created is running examples across about what you meant by ideas.

    Other than that, the rest is just my personal statement on the matter. I'm talking about them, not you. I don't need to convince myself that any of it is reactionary. These people have a problem with my kind too, just like blacks, and I don't even know who the fuck they are...nor do I want anything from them.
    The impression I was given was that you were attributing me with saying that I believe all "white pride" is reactionary. Then you seemed to go from there.

  10. #360
    Senior Member LEGERdeMAIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    [quote=tcda;1023263]
    Quote Originally Posted by Marduk View Post

    What is this "white heritage" then, and why do "white people" need to feel part of it in order to feel proud of themselves?

    I don't understand white pride or black pride or any other color-specific pride. I don't even understand how someone can be proud to be an american or japanese, etc. You don't get to choose who you are and, in most cases, you can't change who you are. All I'm saying is that if person 1 says black pride is okay and then person 2 says white pride is okay and then person 1 is all, "fuck that, white pride is evil and bad, wah wah", I don't see how that's not racist.


    I wouldn't be proud of a heritage which exploits me as a worker and then sends me off to die in the colonies to defend someone else's profit, would you?
    ^Wtf is that all about? Did you get sent to defend someone's colonial profits?
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”


Similar Threads

  1. Do you believe there is such thing as evil?
    By ZNP-TBA in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 08-07-2016, 05:28 AM
  2. No such thing as a silly question .. Or is there???
    By Saslou in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-25-2009, 05:27 PM
  3. [INTP] is there a such thing as an intp that gets around?
    By Ulaes in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 05-08-2009, 02:49 AM
  4. There is no such thing as personality.
    By ygolo in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 10:13 AM
  5. There's no such thing as motivating someone?
    By Xander in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-21-2007, 12:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO