User Tag List

First 20282930313240 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Yes, especially with Cajun culture in Louisana.

Here's an example of their traditional folk music:
    [youtube="pEBr8u01Pq8"]Cajun Music[/youtube]
    The singer looks like a child molester.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Plenty of Asian-Americans and Latinos sunbathe.

Mostly. Then again, that's "southern" pride, not "white" pride.
    Yes and theyre acting against their respective cultures where light skin is still considered better than dark skin, sun bathing is a very white phenomenon.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Yes and theyre acting against their respective cultures where light skin is still considered better than dark skin, sun bathing is a very white phenomenon.
    So, they're acting... American? Meanwhile, not every one of their cultures values fair skin. Even in Latin America, where light skin is highly favored, people still go to the beach to sunbathe.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    So, they're acting... American? Meanwhile, not every one of their cultures values fair skin. Even in Latin America, where light skin is highly favored, people still go to the beach to sunbathe.
    Its still a white thing, because the people doing it in south America arent black or mestizo, they are... ding ding ding, white Latinos.

If asians start drinking beer and celebrating Oktoberfest does that mean that those are no longer culturally German?

So no they arent acting American, they are acting white, and believe that thats what they get called when they do it, Asians get called Twinkies for it. (yellow on the outside, white on the inside).

Sniffles

If asians start drinking beer and celebrating Oktoberfest does that mean that those are no longer culturally German?
    I don't know if you could say they're culturally German per se, but there are many German-themed bars in Japan and I believe they do celebrate Oktoberfest. This was the result of the fraternal bond that emerged in WWI between Japanese soldiers and German POWs, after the capture of Tsingtao.

MBTI
    INFJ

I don't know if you could say they're culturally German per se, but there are many German-themed bars in Japan and I believe they do celebrate Oktoberfest. This was the result of the fraternal bond that emerged in WWI between Japanese soldiers and German POWs, after the capture of Tsingtao.
    Tsing tao being one of my favorite beers too, but the point is that oktoberfest is still a german thing even if the Japanese celebrate it. Just like tanning is a white thing even if a few asians do it.

Sniffles

Tsing tao being one of my favorite beers too, but the point is that oktoberfest is still a german thing even if the Japanese celebrate it. Just like tanning is a white thing even if a few asians do it.
    I don't know if you can really make that comparison. Also keep in mind that cultures constantly exchange traditions all the time and adopt them as their own. One example: Nesting Dolls are stereotypically Russian, yet they actually originated in Japan.

MBTI
    INFJ

I don't know if you can really make that comparison. Also keep in mind that cultures constantly exchange traditions all the time and adopt them as their own. One example: Nesting Dolls are stereotypically Russian, yet they actually originated in Japan.
    OK so in a few 100 years if the Japanese continue on with Oktoberfest we can say its no longer German, right now its still german. Tanning is still a white thing.

Sniffles

OK so in a few 100 years if the Japanese continue on with Oktoberfest we can say its no longer German
    It wouldn't be exclusively German. Just like how St. Patrick's Day isn't exclusively for the Irish(well it never was, all Catholics honour St. Patrick, but he's the patron saint of Ireland). Or for that matter St. Valentine's Day exclusively for Catholics.

MBTI
    INFJ

It wouldn't be exclusively German. Just like how St. Patrick's Day isn't exclusively for the Irish(well it never was, all Catholics honour St. Patrick, but he's the patron saint of Ireland). Or for that matter St. Valentine's Day exclusively for Catholics.
    I think for the sake of argument we should just stick with what is right now and not so much what was and what will be. Right now tanning is a white cultural thing.