User Tag List

First 17252627282937 Last

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Thank goodness I wasted no more explanation on you than an emoticon.
    LOL!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Culture celebration shouldn't be compared to something tangible like economic wealth via welfare checks. Its apples and oranges.

And it isn't about whining, I don't give a shit about white clubs etc, what annoys me is the double standard, either we are all Americans like we are supposed to be and have the same rights or we aren't. Are you telling me non-whites are second class citizens? I know they have been treated as such in history in this nation, but we don't solve a wrong by committing another wrong. Either its all ok, or its all not ok. Otherwise its hypocritical.
    Did I mention you're waaaaaaay INTJ? All of your positions on justice are fairness are hella Te+Fi.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Saint Pats would be an example of Irish American culture. Which is only a portion of white culture, but when we get to call it a White parade we can talk.
    St. Patrick's Day was started when Irish immigrants weren't considered white people.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    You better do a good job of providing evidence that A) there is such a thing as "white culture"; and B) the notion of such a thing is based on what white people ARE, as opposed to what white people are not (i.e., minorities). Feel free to try.
    White culture is a mix of various European cultural norms and traditions, like black culture is a mix of West and South African cultures, like Asian culture is a mix of Asian cultures.

These become more broad based categories in a country like the US because as we go along we don't remain homogeneous. For example, I am Irish, Italian, German, Polish, French and Native American. The largest blood quantum I have at best is 1/4 Irish. i am quite basically white because I dont belong to any 1 ethnicity so I go with the broad based term white, just like blacks do because they cant pinpoint their ancestors properly since most Black Americans came to the US via slaves.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

White culture is a mix of various European cultural norms and traditions, like black culture is a mix of West and South African cultures, like Asian culture is a mix of Asian cultures.

These become more broad based categories in a country like the US because as we go along we don't remain homogeneous. For example, I am Irish, Italian, German, Polish, French and Native American. The largest blood quantum I have at best is 1/4 Irish. i am quite basically white because I dont belong to any 1 ethnicity so I go with the broad based term white, just like blacks do because they cant pinpoint their ancestors properly since most Black Americans came to the US via slaves.
    What makes it distinct from general American culture (which incorporates many aspects of those minority cultures)?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Did I mention you're waaaaaaay INTJ? All of your positions on justice are fairness are hella Te+Fi.
    Except I am not INTJ, I am just against hypocrisy. Believe it or not most INFJs are. Especially the ones who didn't grow up in the subs with all the happy white kids, but instead grew up in black neighborhoods and were told they were the "man" all their life even though when you look out your bedroom window you dont see white faces on the street. So lets shit can the discussion about my type and just focus on the topic at hand. Because I really dont have the desire to be told what I am by another person who doesn't know me or anything about me based on a very narrow view of my mind.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    St. Patrick's Day was started when Irish immigrants weren't considered white people.
    And I STILL contend that Irish shouldn't be considered whites, damned green blooded bastards!

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    What makes it distinct from general American culture (which incorporates many aspects of those minority cultures)?
    I dunno, go hang out in a Puerto Rican or a black neighborhood and see if its quite as pervasive.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Except I am not INTJ, I am just against hypocrisy. Believe it or not most INFJs are. Especially the ones who didn't grow up in the subs with all the happy white kids, but instead grew up in black neighborhoods and were told they were the "man" all their life even though when you look out your bedroom window you dont see white faces on the street. So lets shit can the discussion about my type and just focus on the topic at hand. Because I really dont have the desire to be told what I am by another person who doesn't know me or anything about me based on a very narrow view of my mind.
    Except you are totally INTJ. Your posts are utterly devoid of Fe and filled to the brim with Te and Fi...you just think your Fi is actually Fe.

Anyway I'm dropping the issue at hand because I already know all the argument lines you're going to take and they all suck. Cheers.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Except you are totally INTJ. Your posts are utterly devoid of Fe and filled to the brim with Te and Fi...you just think your Fi is actually Fe.

Anyway I'm dropping the issue at hand because I already know all the argument lines you're going to take and they all suck. Cheers.
    I love arguing with ENTPs, their lack of insight into much of anything leaves my brain dry and chaffed from them hammering their square peg into my uhhhh triangular hole ahem. But you are totally wrong, but please don't stop talking over me and telling me what I think, I wouldn't want you to feel like you didn't matter.