User Tag List

First 8161718192028 Last

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

We did have a Jew Crew club... that almost counts? 1/4 of them weren't even Jewish.
    [B]Ti=Ne>Ni>Fe>Te=Fi>Si>Se

LII

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Quote Originally Posted by laintpe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Ideally I'll be the woman

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I think that is properly far more economic and political than racial. You're conflating white Americans with America as an economic force and political superpower.
    Sometimes I wonder if you're being purposely obtuse. Please tell me the dividing line between white and American. They're essentially synonyms.

I've thrown around this little factoid before but 6 out of 10 countries with the highest GDPs are predominantly white, including the European Union (excluding Japan, China, India, and Brazil). Race and socioeconomic status are inextricably linked. Western European countries (which a significant portion of white Americans have their origins from) accumulated the vast majority of that wealth that has only snowballed over the two hundred years through imperialism and the exploitation of raw resources from developing nations. You know the way Africa was carved up by European powers--and Ethiopians brag about being the only African nation that wasn't colonized? Why Spanish is spoken in Central and South America?

The sun never sets on the British Empire. All roads lead to Rome/When in Rome, do as the Romans do. Manifest Destiny. French fries. Our culture is saturated with references to the West, which is completely natural considering the origins of American culture. We don't eat with chopsticks, we eat with forks and spoons. White weddings, black for funerals, the Power Suit. All these little things are products of American/western dominance. Look around you. I just can't believe you don't see this. You can't come up with not one?

And it's white people who are pushing the sales of salsa and Chinese food.
    Those are examples cultural imports. And GOD BLESS THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR!
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Only as long as those who finance our debt continue to have confidence in it.

Enneagram
    1w2

The ability to see your culture depends on your ability to detach from your culture. To see yourself from an outside perspective, kind of like an out of body experience.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if you're being purposely obtuse. Please tell me the dividing line between white and American. They're essentially synonyms.
    No, they aren't. I don't know why you would say that, but it's not true. Frankly, I feel bad for you if you feel that way.

I've thrown around this little factoid before but 6 out of 10 countries with the highest GDPs are predominantly white, including the European Union (excluding Japan, China, India, and Brazil). Race and socioeconomic status are inextricably linked. Western European countries (which a significant portion of white Americans have their origins from) accumulated the vast majority of that wealth that has only snowballed over the two hundred years through imperialism and the exploitation of raw resources from developing nations. You know the way Africa was carved up by European powers--and Ethiopians brag about being the only African nation that wasn't colonized? Why Spanish is spoken in Central and South America?
    The vast majority of that wealth was created by having freer economic systems than most other places in the world. How did Ireland go from being one of the poorest countries in Europe to one of the wealthiest? Must have been that Irish Empire we always hear about. . .

The sun never sets on the British Empire. All roads lead to Rome/When in Rome, do as the Romans do. Manifest Destiny. French fries. Our culture is saturated with references to the West, which is completely natural considering the origins of American culture. We don't eat with chopsticks, we eat with forks and spoons. White weddings, black for funerals, the Power Suit. All these little things are products of American/western dominance. Look around you. I just can't believe you don't see this. You can't come up with not one?
    Well, let's see: white Americans fought to rid themselves of the British Empire; Romans would not have been considered white people by old-school American standards; "Manifest Destiny" is simply the updated version of Pax Romana, and every other self-serving excuse for nationalistic self-aggrandizement; French fries are American, and the name is silly; we DO eat with chopsticks in America now that we have been introduced to Asian cuisine, jeez, I could keep going on.

Those are examples cultural imports. And GOD BLESS THE ALMIGHTY DOLLAR!
    Cultural imports are great. They help to make the modern world so varied and enjoyable. What Americans send out to other countries make it better for them, too. Well, except for the military. That usually doesn't help.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Well its looking like china and india are going to continue to be a big deal, with brazil growing in importance.

Pride is a sign of inadequacy and weakness. Pride is meant to cover up a felt sense of inferiority.

But frankly I don't think caucasians feel inferior. So there is no need for caucasian or white pride.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Okay, okay, Protean, we get it, white culture is being an exploitative bastard and our punishment is not getting any culture groups.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Pride is meant to imbue one's labor with a sense of worth.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Pride is a sign of inadequacy and weakness. Pride is meant to cover up a felt sense of inferiority.

But frankly I don't think caucasians feel inferior. So there is no need for caucasian or white pride.
    BS, pride is not a sign of inadequacy.