User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    IXFP

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinebrighter View Post
    Those people aren't real Christians.
    I'm going to take back this comment. It's not my position to judge who is and who is not a real believer. All Christians are sinners because they are human. To expect for Christians to be perfect is silly of me.

I think Westboro is really misguided.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinebrighter View Post
    I'm going to take back this comment. It's not my position to judge who is and who is not a real believer. All Christians are sinners because they are human. To expect for Christians to be perfect is silly of me.

I think Westboro is really misguided.
    Oh they are Christians. Just very, very misguided ones as you said. They are a real believer. Why wouldn't they be?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Yes, they are terribly misguided, and putting Christianity in a very bad light.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
    ~ Groucho Marx

MBTI
    IXFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Oh they are Christians. Just very, very misguided ones as you said. They are a real believer. Why wouldn't they be?
    For the social benefits of being in a church community. To "fit in". It's very common for people to call themselves Christians thinking it's just like being German or Irish. If their mother and father call themselves Christians so should they type of mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    No, you'll find that God hates homosexual sex. Which is totally different than homosexuals.
    This is a latter gloss on the Bible, both Judaic and Christian. But note there is no such gloss on the Koran.

No, the Bible, the Torah and the Koran have made it explicit that it is God who hates male homosexuals and wants them put to death.

Of course today Judaism and Christianity believe the latter gloss, or interpretation, of their holy books. But Islam still believes today that Allah hates male homosexuals and wants them put to death. And under Sharia Law Islam does put homosexual men to death wherever it gains State power.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    This is a latter gloss on the Bible, both Judaic and Christian. But note there is no such gloss on the Koran.

No, the Bible, the Torah and the Koran are make it explicit that it is God who hates male homosexuals and wants them put to death.

Of course today Judaism and Christianity believe the latter gloss, or interpretation, of their holy books. But Islam today still believes today that Allah hates male homosexuals and wants them put to death. And under Sharia Law Islam does put homosexual men to death wherever it gains State power.
    Way back when the Bible was written people didn't believe there was such thing as 'homosexuals.' There was no preference. There was just sex.

Therefore, it is a reference to the act.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    istp

Consider the parable of the wicked servant... we can attempt to point out sinfulness in another, but only if it is out of love, only for the purpose of helping that person in their own desire to be closer to God, not to judge them. Unsurprisingly, it is said that this should be done by private conversation between you and the person.

Matthew 18
    23"Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand talents (in modern times this would be at least millions of dollars) was brought to him. 25Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.

26"The servant fell on his knees before him. 'Be patient with me,' he begged, 'and I will pay back everything.' 27The servant's master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.

28"But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii. (~a month's slave wages) He grabbed him and began to choke him. 'Pay back what you owe me!' he demanded.

29"His fellow servant fell to his knees and begged him, 'Be patient with me, and I will pay you back.'

30"But he refused. Instead, he went off and had the man thrown into prison until he could pay the debt. 31When the other servants saw what had happened, they were greatly distressed and went and told their master everything that had happened.

32"Then the master called the servant in. 'You wicked servant,' he said, 'I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33Shouldn't you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?' 34In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed.

35"This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart."

MBTI
    ENFJ

How did it go? The Israelites were punished to wander for 40 years in the desert because they had rejoiced at the death of Pharaoh's men, and that was sin, for they were also God's children?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Ginkgo

A Christian is semantically defined as : Believing that Jesus was the son of God.

However, many sects of Christianity "otherize" each other by claiming that the others aren't Christian.

They will use specific Biblical reasons for doing so.

It's just a circle of perennial xenophobia. It's human nature. Tribalism.

+1 to Victor.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    In anger his master turned him over to the jailers to be tortured.
    "This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart."

Did I already mention how much I love the Bible?