First 210111213 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    What if I don't have a coffee table?
    Put it in the bathroom.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Put it in the bathroom.

That's where I do most of my heavy reading.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

What if I don't have a coffee table?

MBTI
    ESFJ

I always wonder about people who are so hung up on what "fags" do. These people seem to have gay sex on the brain as much as gay people do. VERY interesting. . .

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I always wonder about people who are so hung up on what "fags" do. These people seem to have gay sex on the brain as much as gay people do. VERY interesting. . .
    The authors investigated the role of homosexual arousal in exclusively heterosexual men who admitted negative affect toward homosexual individuals. Participants consisted of a group of homophobic men (n = 35) and a group of nonhomophobic men (n = 29); they were assigned to groups on the basis of their scores on the Index of Homophobia (W. W. Hudson & W. A. Ricketts, 1980). The men were exposed to sexually explicit erotic stimuli consisting of heterosexual, male homosexual, and lesbian videotapes, and changes in penile circumference were monitored. They also completed an Aggression Questionnaire (A. H. Buss & M. Perry, 1992). Both groups exhibited increases in penile circumference to the heterosexual and female homosexual videos. Only the homophobic men showed an increase in penile erection to male homosexual stimuli. The groups did not differ in aggression. Homophobia is apparently associated with homosexual arousal that the homophobic individual is either unaware of or denies.
    Is homophobia associated with homosexual arousal? [J Abnorm Psychol. 1996] - PubMed result

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    No doubt. Even in the last 100 years, IQ has risen. It's called the Flynn effect.
    Except... IQ isn't actually... able to rise on average... because IQ is measured *AS* an average... the baseline of "normal" is always 100, no matter where that comes from...

So... yeah. The average IQ 100 years ago was... 100. The average IQ 20,000 years from now will be... 100.

Though 20,000 years from now, whot we consider to be "100" right now, will probably be more like "40" for then.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    Except... IQ isn't actually... able to rise on average... because IQ is measured *AS* an average... the baseline of "normal" is always 100, no matter where that comes from...

So... yeah. The average IQ 100 years ago was... 100. The average IQ 20,000 years from now will be... 100.

Though 20,000 years from now, whot we consider to be "100" right now, will probably be more like "40" for then.
    This is because IQ tests are re-normalized periodically so that the average is always 100.

This explains it well:

Average scores on intelligence tests are rising substantially and consistently, all over the world. These gains have been going on for the better part of a centuryŚessentially ever since tests were invented. The rate of gain on standard broad-spectrum IQ tests amounts to three IQ points per decade, and it is even higher on certain specialized measures. In the Netherlands, for example, all male 18-year-olds take a test of abstract-reasoning ability as part of a military-induction requirement. Because the same test is used every year, it is easy to see the mean score rising, in this case, at about seven points per decade.

Rising Scores on Intelligence Tests ╗ American Scientist

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I would make out with another lady to tick these guys off. Maybe you should organize a same-sex kiss-in.
    Awesome suggestion - make love, not war or babies.

Sorry Hap. That sucks. I've found church protesters to be very aggressive, sometimes belligerent, incredibly self-righteous and sometimes displaying violent imagery in public places (anti-abortionists particularly but also anti-gay folks). They are so not willing to have a conversation so there's no chance of that - an actual conversation.

Counter protests would be good. I would alert the local pride group at school if they exist and they don't already know. Counter protests serve one purpose - allowing people passing by who don't already have an opinion know that there are multiple ways of looking at any issue and that each has support. That's pretty important.

Here are some fun posters and t-shirts in the meantime:
    Reproductive Rights Gifts, T-shirts, Stickers and more - CafePress
    Gay Rights Gifts, T-shirts, Stickers and more - CafePress

My favorites were:
    1. Just Say No to Sex with Pro-Lifers/Homophobes
    2. My Lady Parts, My Jurisdiction
    3. Against Abortion, Don't Have One! Also -- Against gay Marriage, Don't Have One!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Put it in the bathroom.
    What if I don't have a bathroom?
    "We grow up thinking that´╗┐ beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are´╗┐ easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of´╗┐ a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ESFJ

What if I don't have a bathroom?
    Then you have bigger problems, my man!