User Tag List

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Default Rush Gets Punked!

The Buzz Log - Rush Was Punked: “Obama Thesis” Hoax - Yahoo! Buzz

Let me first say, that I am not a fan of the US Government or any Political Party. However amused from time to time at the inane level of stupidity citizens, political pundits and government officials inherently rise to.

The scrit in the link is just so funny and "crazy"...you can't make it up.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    The Buzz Log - Rush Was Punked: “Obama Thesis” Hoax - Yahoo! Buzz

Let me first say, that I am not a fan of the US Government or any Political Party. However amused from time to time at the inane level of stupidity citizens, political pundits and government officials inherently rise to.

The scrit in the link is just so funny and "crazy"...you can't make it up.

Anybody can make a mistake in citing a source once in awhile. Happens all of the time. What is pitiful about Rush is his so called "retraction"

Claiming "I have had this happen to me," Limbaugh says he doesn't care if thesis quotes are fake, "I know Obama thinks it" | Media Matters for America.

It worries me when someone with this power over so many imbeciles is unable to say they were wrong or they made a mistake when it is clear as day (even in their own minds) that they fucked up. Not only pitiful but scary too for a "reporter" to be so hesitant to make a retraction and even foster a hope that the story might eventually be found true without as if by deus ex machina
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

That's an interesting expansion of the topic spamtar. I don't find it surprising that we live in an age where the most trusted and respected "newsman" in America is a comedian.

Jon Stewart

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    That's an interesting expansion of the topic spamtar. I don't find it surprising that we live in an age where the most trusted and respected "newsman" in America is a comedian.

Jon Stewart
    Things havn't changed. The court jester is a character historicall used for insight on the part of the kings of past, taking advantage of his license to mock and speak freely to dispense frank observations and highlight the folly of his monarch. Only as the lowliest member of the court can the jester be the monarch's most useful adviser and the wise monarch knows the value of such less resticted discourse.

Often (ironically or no?) its those societies where freedom of speech is limited and the court jester could get away with truth telling where others would be punished. I would say this is a symtom that free speech of the media in the U.S. is being limited. Recenly saw a documentary on recent coruption and chilling effects within the media in the same vein as this Echo Chamber Project | Collaborative Documentary on the Pre-War Performance of the Media
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Yeh, I don't watch news anymore...just a couple of internet stories from
    my service providers home page.

Even that, I'm skeptical as to whether it's true or not.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I would say this is a symtom that free speech of the media in the U.S. is being limited. Recenly saw a documentary on recent coruption and chilling effects within the media in the same vein as this Echo Chamber Project | Collaborative Documentary on the Pre-War Performance of the Media
    Free speech is being censored.

A documentary called The power of Nightmares: The rise of the politics of fear, has not been allowed to be shown in the US.

The Power of Nightmares - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As of 1 January 2008, the film has yet to be aired in the United States. Curtis has commented on this failure:

Something extraordinary has happened to American TV since September 11. A head of the leading networks who had better remain nameless said to me that there was no way they could show it. He said, 'Who are you to say this?' and then he added, 'We would get slaughtered if we put this out.' When I was in New York I took a DVD to the head of documentaries at HBO. I still haven't heard from him.

Although the series has not been shown on U.S. television, its three episodes were shown in succession, on 26 February 2005, as part of the True/False Film Festival in Columbia, Missouri, with a personal appearance by Curtis. It has also been featured at the 2006 Seattle International Film Festival and the San Francisco International Film Festival, with the latter awarding Curtis their Persistence of Vision Award. The film was also screened at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York, and had a brief theatrical run in New York City during 2005.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

^interesting