First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Every intuitive here has nay ability to look at something and not completely project their own biases upon the subject of observation. You see what you want to see. I have no reason to bother with people like you who think words are images that must be molded into something more fitting for your view of reality.
    For an intuitive, you sure missed my point.

You're easily threatened. Makes me wonder what you fear.

Opposition doesn't need to scare you into offense, Risen. Just means you have to re-think why you believe what you believe.

Don;t come to me and bitch because my threads don't agree with your political view. That is all you can do. there is no intelligence behind it, there is only the instinctual reaction to things you disagree with.
    You don't know my political view. I didn't speak to it.

It's interesting to read how quickly you retreat into a me vs. you viewpoint.

You have a lot of insecurity about you, Risen. It's getting tiresome.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Politics is bunk.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    For an intuitive, you sure missed my point.

You're easily threatened. Makes me wonder what you fear.

Opposition doesn't need to scare you into offense, Risen. Just means you have to re-think why you believe what you believe.

You don't know my political view. I didn't speak to it.

It's interesting to read how quickly you retreat into a me vs. you viewpoint.

You have a lot of insecurity about you, Risen. It's getting tiresome.
    When you stop attacking me (instead of attacking the info in the thread), I will listen to what you have to say on the subject matter. If you have anything to say at all. Otherwise, night, if you have nothing to add to the discussion I'm putting you on ignore and at least moderating the thread on my end. The decision is yours. Now lets get back on topic.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Risky business. I never predicted that the administration would take this route. It's quite a gambit. I'd be thrilled if it worked in the administration's favor, but the stakes are high and I don't feel good about the odds.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Risky business. I never predicted that the administration would take this route. It's quite a gambit. I'd be thrilled if it worked in the administration's favor, but the stakes are high and I don't feel good about the odds.
    Thank you for addressing the subject.

I'm really surprised they came to the conclusion that these tactics would work. It often does just the opposite, emboldening your enemies and giving them more clout. It makes me hazard to think they have other motives in taking this route.

MBTI
    ENFJ

And when they tried to exclude Fox from a media pool yesterday, the other networks actually refused to participate unless Fox was allowed in too. Weird. The left media is actually standing up for journalism and its role in informing the public, no matter what side you're on.

And face it, if Fox News was shut out, there would be so much less mud to fling at each other!
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post

And face it, if Fox News was shut out, there would be so much less mud to fling at each other!
    Not really, I hear Karl Rove has a new invention that lets him fling physical garbage through the TV!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I think it's good politics for Obama. Most Americans trust him and listen to him, and those who don't are Fox's core audience who he can never reach anyway. He's working to marginalize his enemies.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Woolf View Post
    I think it's good politics for Obama. Most Americans trust him and listen to him, and those who don't are Fox's core audience who he can never reach anyway. He's working to marginalize his enemies.
    He is trying to marginalize them, but that only ends up giving his enemies more attention. The trend has been in them picking up more viewers anyway, and this only accelerates it. It will also alienate independents and dems who are sitting on the fence, and are irked by such strong arm tactics. The hardcore dems are only a minority in the country, despite how much louder they may be. The administration has more to gain by not creating so much divisive controversy, because they will end up struggling to stay off the losing side.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Woolf View Post
    That's where I'm not so sure, and there's where my concern comes in. I think Obama is charismatic and built a popular image in the campaign, which was further boosted (if not mostly boosted) by sheer hatred for the previous president and the Republic legislatures. I do not he actually built a solid, welcome place in the public mind. The thread about Obama's sharp popularity drop is a sign of this. Obama wasn't so much trusted as admired, and admiration wears-off fast, believe me.
    Go to sleep, iguana.