Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Again, I don't care about that stuff. The integrity of the info is what matters. I don't believe COMEDY central offers anything of significance, whether or not the info they give is accurate.
    Who says Content =/= Integrity? In fact, integrity is all about the actions of a news organization. I would rather trust BBC, which does, or at least tries to make their shows serious than any American News Station, which I doubt even play news anymore thanks to their flooding of human interest stories and clinically insane pundits.

MBTI
    INTP

Largely because its the only major T.V news outlet with a center-right bias, while all the other stations have a center-left bias; Fox News addresses issues and presents perspectives that other news stations either ignore, denigrate, or downplay, while the other stations are largely indistinguishable from each other, so viewers only need to choose one of them in order to hear about the issues and perspectives that Fox News ignores, denigrates, or downplays. In other words, Fox has no competition as far as center-right bias is concerned, while all the other stations are competing with each other for those seeking a center-left bias. Therefore, Fox gets everybody looking for diverse T.V. news sources, as well as everybody who is only interested in getting news from a center-right source.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

One reason is...Very Bold, Hot, Charismatic Women Newcasters
    who don't come off as plastic or cardboard like on CNN where they are clearly reading.

The reading teleprompters thing..because it is obviously so intently pushed on that network..you can read the feel of fear on the faces of people on CNN which goes against the feel of the human spirit. Dull.

People want genuineness. They want people who are natural and especially true in the news..true to themselves and others.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Also, they have perhaps the most pleasing presentation in terms of graphics, program formatting, etc. MSNBC often looks splotchy, and CNN rather austere.
    Dude, have you seen the Fox News layout recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Comedy Central actually has a far more entertaining presentation than Fox News. I prefer the sarcasm and satire to garbage.
    Not to mention the viewers of the fake news shows tend to be better informed than Fox News viewers. Pretty sad.

Public Knowledge of Current Affairs Little Changed by News and Information Revolutions: Summary of Findings - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    If you want REAL news try Reading the New Republic, The Economist, Bloomberg, Politico, Drudge report.

Partisan news is for sheep
    None of those outlets are nonpartisan.

Try US News & World Report or USA Today.

Now Glenn Beck. That guy delivers solid well thought out, thoroughly researched information with impeccable reasoning and logical arguments. He's the gift that keeps on giving.
    :yim_rolling_on_the_

*INTP status revoked*

I watch Red Eye from time to time (especially if Kerry Howley is going to be on), but I am not a regular viewer. I check it out when there is a specific news story I am looking to see about or during something like SOTU Addresses and the like.
    +1

Red Eye is a decent show. Bill Schulz, the lefty on the show, is totally funnier than the host though. The host is pretty good though.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Red Eye is a decent show. Bill Schulz, the lefty on the show, is totally funnier than the host though. The host is pretty good though.
    To the best of my knowledge, Bill Schulz is a libertarian, too. He's listed as one on wikipedia.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post

*INTP status revoked*
    Fortunately, your Aspergers makes it impossible for you to revoke anything.

MBTI
    INTP

To the best of my knowledge, Bill Schulz is a libertarian, too. He's listed as one on wikipedia.
    I guess he could be. He gets called a liberal/lefty on the show though and seems to always take the contrarian position.

Fortunately, your Aspergers makes it impossible for you to revoke anything.
    It's okay, you were never an INTP anyways.

MBTI
    ESFJ

[QUOTE=ajblaise;883328]I guess he could be. He gets called a liberal/lefty on the show though and seems to always take the contrarian position.

I think he is probably a "cultural libertarian." There is actually a great discussion about this topic on Reason Magazine right now.

Are Property Rights Enough? - Reason Magazine

It's okay, you were never an INTP anyways.
    Who would WANT to be an INTP?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Some people enjoy sectarian demagoguery.

MBTI
    INTP

I think he is probably a "cultural libertarian." There is actually a great discussion about this topic on Reason Magazine right now.

Are Property Rights Enough? - Reason Magazine
    I'd agree with that article. Philosophically, libertarianism should naturally be more liberal on social issues and less connected with social conservatism. But libertarians have more of a political alliance with conservatives. That won't change anytime soon.

Maybe you'll have to wait for social conservatism to be dead (as a political movement, it almost is) before the libertarian movement can become ideologically pure, and not just focus on economic issues. It will be good for the liberals and libertarians.

Who would WANT to be an INTP?
    I don't understand INTPosers either.