User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

To the OP: Fox figure out something that the others haven't been able to copy: How to make news entertaining.

Nah, I'm not saying they make sh*t up (though I suppose they could and probably have, like many of the others), I'm saying that they deliver the news in an entertaining way, by people who don't have sticks shoved up their backsides.

Even Brit Hume has a sense of humor. Go figure! For some reason, people get tired of watching what might as well be a CGI animiation of a reporter, and like seeing real people for a change. Even Alan Colmes was entertaining (is he still on there?).
    Love is the point.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    This article was posted on Newmajority.com a bastion for moderate conservative thought.

Anger is No Path to Power
    In all seriousness, that article was a pile of extrapolatory "bile" (in the article/blog's words) . What was it even referring to, what the basis for the claims? And why are you spamming Protean's thread with that kind of stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    To the OP: Fox figure out something that the others haven't been able to copy: How to make news entertaining.

Nah, I'm not saying they make sh*t up (though I suppose they could and probably have, like many of the others), I'm saying that they deliver the news in an entertaining way, by people who don't have sticks shoved up their backsides.

Even Brit Hume has a sense of humor. Go figure! For some reason, people get tired of watching what might as well be a CGI animiation of a reporter, and like seeing real people for a change. Even Alan Colmes was entertaining (is he still on there?).
    I friggin love Charles Krauthammer . His cynical humor is just priceless.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Wow, I didn't know the other conservatives on here were so afraid of moderate conservative thought.

Why is the White House Attacking Fox?

Here's a provocative thought experiment.

Do Limbaugh and Beck Believe What They Say?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I'm partially afraid to start this thread because I absolutely know who's going to come in and majorly derail it (yes this sentence is about you) but I'd like to know why do people think Fox News is #1 in America?
    I wouldn't know. I rarely watch it. Once in a while, I happen to see a couple minutes as I flip through channels, but I can only bear so much of the illogical bullshit they spew on that network. Not that CNN and MSNBC are any better, they're just not as over-the-top as FOX (outside of Olbermann, who I can't stand either).

I know you asked not to stereotype, but I can't help it. Most people are stupid and are entertained by crap like Fox News, wrestling, and reality TV.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I wouldn't know. I rarely watch it. Once in a while, I happen to see a couple minutes as I flip through channels, but I can only bear so much of the illogical bullshit they spew on that network. Not that CNN and MSNBC are any better, they're just not as over-the-top as FOX (outside of Olbermann, who I can't stand either).

I know you asked not to stereotype, but I can't help it. Most people are stupid and are entertained by crap like Fox News, wrestling, and reality TV.
    Well, at least you don't get your news from comedy central. Now THOSE people need to have their heads examined.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    Political slant that appeals to a number of people + a sensationalist style of reporting.

I know you asked for no comments on people being dumb, but... it appeals to the same demographic that watches soaps and buys trashy magazines in the supermarket. They want something entertaining, larger than life, and bending the truth a little isn't a big sacrifice.
    Heh. It's funny that the people I know who watch it wouldn't ever watch soaps. You should use the word redneck, too.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Well, at least you don't get your news from comedy central. Now THOSE people need to have their heads examined.
    Comedy Central actually has a far more entertaining presentation than Fox News. I prefer the sarcasm and satire to garbage.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Comedy Central actually has a far more entertaining presentation than Fox News. I prefer the sarcasm and satire to garbage.
    +1

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Fox has one bias, CNN/npr/MSNBC/blah blah have another.

Maybe Fox isn't competing for as much of the same viewership.

(This is a theory, I hate news shows)
    This is what I was thinking.

Also, with the online thing, the stereotype is that most conservatives are older adults who presumably don't use the internet as much as the young'uns, who are more likely to be more liberal.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ESFJ

I watch Red Eye from time to time (especially if Kerry Howley is going to be on), but I am not a regular viewer. I check it out when there is a specific news story I am looking to see about or during something like SOTU Addresses and the like. It's nice to see avowed libertarians on major cable news network programming, too.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"