User Tag List

First 345

Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: Collectivism

  1. #41
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Seeing as we have so many socialists, communists, and Mao (Chineese revolutionary who was responsible for the deaths of nearly 70 MILLION people), and other revolutionary thinkers in the White House, I thought it prudent to post this little piece I found about collectivism:

    70 million people is a small number, and most of them starved to death rather than executed.

    Edgar says he wants 1.3 billion chinese dead. Maybe you should criticize him instead.

    Comparing Obama and the white house to Mao is like comparing cars with oranges. They don't mix together.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  2. #42
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    70 million people is a small number, and most of them starved to death rather than executed.

    Edgar says he wants 1.3 billion chinese dead. Maybe you should criticize him instead.

    Comparing Obama and the white house to Mao is like comparing cars with oranges. They don't mix together.
    Why does this forum attract so many trolls?

  3. #43
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    You are just plain wrong, and there is so much fallacy in your argument.

    Communism is dead in China.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  4. #44
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    70 million people is a small number, and most of them starved to death rather than executed.
    70 million is NOT a small number, no matter how many billion people there are in a country (800 million or so during Mao's time?). You're talking about the equivalent of 25 million Americans dying now. And I believe Risen wrote "responsible for" the deaths. He didn't say "massacred." Mao and his cohort were responsible for those deaths, just as Stalin and the Communists were responsible for the Holodomor.


    Edgar says he wants 1.3 billion chinese dead. Maybe you should criticize him instead.
    I would certainly criticize that. It's unconscionable.


    Comparing Obama and the white house to Mao is like comparing cars with oranges. They don't mix together.
    Yeah, this is silly. Obama can be wrong without being Mao.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  5. #45
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post

    Yeah, this is silly. Obama can be wrong without being Mao.
    I didn't say Obama was Maoist or like Mao, I said people in his administration are Maoist (less the killing and death, more idolizing him). Not once did I even compare him to Mao.

  6. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    I said people in his administration are Maoist (less the killing and death, more idolizing him).
    Cite evidence or cede it.
    Last edited by Forgetful Functor; 10-22-2009 at 04:25 PM.
    Ti = Ne > Fi = Ni > Te = Si > Fe = Se

    "I've never seen a child who didn't want to build something out of blocks, or learn something new, or try the next task. And the only reason why adults aren't like that is, I suppose, that they have been sent to school and other oppressive institutions which have driven that out of them."
    -- Noam Chomsky

  7. #47

    Default

    I'm still waiting to see evidence that members of the Obama administration idolized Mao. What's the hold up, Risen?
    Ti = Ne > Fi = Ni > Te = Si > Fe = Se

    "I've never seen a child who didn't want to build something out of blocks, or learn something new, or try the next task. And the only reason why adults aren't like that is, I suppose, that they have been sent to school and other oppressive institutions which have driven that out of them."
    -- Noam Chomsky

Similar Threads

  1. Individualism-Collectivism Scale
    By EJCC in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-13-2015, 04:32 PM
  2. The Borg, cyber collectivism and singularity?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-24-2013, 01:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO