User Tag List

First 23456 Last

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Ti = Ne > Fi = Ni > Te = Si > Fe = Se

"I've never seen a child who didn't want to build something out of blocks, or learn something new, or try the next task. And the only reason why adults aren't like that is, I suppose, that they have been sent to school and other oppressive institutions which have driven that out of them."
    -- Noam Chomsky

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Functor View Post
    THINK OF THE CHILDREN!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Exactly.

Teen Marijuana Use Down in States With Medical Marijuana Laws | NORML

FigerPuppet

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Well, I just always assumed marijuana was classified as a drug because it was more dangerous than cigarettes or alcohol, which they do let people buy.
    You know, sometimes I have a hard time figuring out if you're only joking or really are as stupid as your posts make you out to be.

Winters don't seem warmer to me than they used to.
    Reference #2

Really, Athenian? Winters don't seem warmer than usual to you? I guess that falsifies the theory of CO2-pollution as a cause of global warming.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    You know, sometimes I have a hard time figuring out if you're only joking or really are as stupid as your posts make you out to be.

Reference #2

Really, Athenian? Winters don't seem warmer than usual to you? I guess that falsifies the theory of CO2-pollution as a cause of global warming.
    Why are you being so mean to me? I'm just a simple High School graduate looking for a job, I'm not a bloody rocket scientist.

How am I supposed to understand these things? All I know is that it's logical to outlaw the most dangerous substances, and keep the less dangerous ones legal, so I assumed that was what they were doing.

And it seems like global warming would mean it wouldn't get as cold as it used to anymore, because the globe is getting warmer. If that's not what it means, the name doesn't make any sense.

FigerPuppet

How am I supposed to understand these things? All I know is that it's logical to outlaw the most dangerous substances, and keep the less dangerous ones legal, so I assumed that was what they were doing.
    Politicians do not always have the well-being of the people as their highest priority, and even when they do they could've been fed the incorrect "facts" that led them to the conclude the wrong thing.

And it seems like global warming would mean it wouldn't get as cold as it used to anymore, because the globe is getting warmer. If that's not what it means, the name doesn't make any sense.
    It's called global warming and not regional warming because it is a rise in the average global temperatures. The chaotic nature of weather means that it is as cold as/colder than usual some places on Earth, while it's much warmer other places.

Anyway, back on topic. This isn't about global warming.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    Politicians do not always have the well-being of the people as their highest priority, and even when they do they could've been fed the incorrect "facts" that led them to the conclude the wrong thing.
    That's true. But how am I supposed tell when this is the case? They don't make it easy to tell.

It's called global warming and not regional warming because it is a rise in the average global temperatures. The chaotic nature of weather means that it is as cold as/colder than usual some places on Earth, while it's much warmer other places.
    Oh. Well, then I guess that might be a problem.

FigerPuppet

That's true. But how am I supposed tell when this is the case? They don't make it easy to tell.

Source criticism.
    Research the subject yourself before you make up your mind. Eating the raw words of a politician is a bad idea. [/patronize]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

You can pretty much always assume that politicians are not serving the peoples' interests. They serve their own interests. With drugs, the government has catered to a vocal minority that doesn't care about science.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Drugs do cause problems. In fact it is stories of those promblems which have fueled an emotional appeal to justify a futile war. However historically legislating of this kind of morality against certain types of self indulgences has been difficult. The "War on Drugs" failed and caused a greater problem than if there was legalization. A lot of powerful people have profited on bad political policy.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    istp

The government does have a reason to allow marijuana to remain illegal... consider the widespread impact on productivity if it were used by the mainstream. It is not dangerous, but the impairment of memory and reasoning skills can remain for days after heavy usage. Certainly not a fair reason but it could possibly explain why the government hasn't budged much despite the landslide of favorable evidence.