User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I live in North Texas. Dallas, to be exact.

Well, I just always assumed marijuana was classified as a drug because it was more dangerous than cigarettes or alcohol, which they do let people buy.
    LOL

You have much to learn, young padawan.

BBC NEWS | UK | UK Politics | Drug classification rethink urged
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Finally something us liberals and those loser libertarians can agree upon. Hopefully the Obama admin proves to be quite socially liberal.

And yeah, out of all the recreational drugs, marijuana is the most harmless.

Fun facts:
    Marijuana might cause new cell growth in the brain - health - 13 October 2005 - New Scientist
    Study: Marijuana's Active Ingredient May Shrink Cancerous Tumors - Cancer - FOXNews.com
    Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    The Newstands in Texas sell only reactionary newspapers.
    Washington Post and New York Times are banned in Dallas.

The reactionary papers never tell the truth.
    Do not read them.
    The amount of stereotyping in this post is dizzying.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Finally something us liberals and those loser libertarians can agree upon. Hopefully the Obama admin proves to be quite socially liberal.

And yeah, out of all the recreational drugs, marijuana is the most harmless.

Fun facts:
    Marijuana might cause new cell growth in the brain - health - 13 October 2005 - New Scientist
    Study: Marijuana's Active Ingredient May Shrink Cancerous Tumors - Cancer - FOXNews.com
    Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows
    Did you just link to Fox News?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Well, it's a Reuters story. But I guess if a pro-pot story is even on Fox, you know it's true.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Here is an interesting article on the subject. Some of the "facts" seem a little suspect. (i.e. I don't believe marijuana is decriminalised in California yet)

Ron Paul Co-Sponsors Marijuana Legalization Bill

Also in Ron Pauls most recent book, the libertarian leaning Republican Candidate, he discloses how federal regulation of marijuana was done under false pretense and rationalized based on the testimony of a professor who said he injected and killed two of his dogs with marijuana and then later gave testimony whereby he smoked a marijuana cigarette and then thought he turned into a bat and started flying around the rafters. After this he did a short stint as an expert witness in criminal trials getting criminal defendants off on temporary insanity pleas based on marijuana consumption.

In California I hear next year we apparently will have an initiative for marijuana legalization for those 21 years and older (not just for medical reasons)
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

We are supposed to have a Medical Marijuana bill coming through the Florida State Legislature in 2010.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Hey now! The Obama Administration A) ratchets DOWN the War on Drugs; and B) shows a little love for federalism and states' rights. Nicely done.

New medical marijuana policy issued - Yahoo! News
    It'll receive less media attention than most of his actions, but this could be the most beneficial thing he will do during his term.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Yes, he did. But what are the odds of Fox News publishing bs?

If Fox News said something in favor of marijuana, it must be quite relevant and factual.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Now bring back the troops from Iraq and Afghanistan (bring back a big shipment of some primo Afghani white Indica while youre at it President Obama)
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"