User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which statement do you believe is true about global warming?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Global warming isn't happening.

8 9.64%
  • Global warming is happening, but is neither threatening nor man-made.

15 18.07%
  • Global warming is happening, and is threatening, but not man-made.

8 9.64%
  • Global warming is happening, is not threatening, but is man-made.

5 6.02%
  • Global warming is happening and is both threatening and man-made.

35 42.17%
  • I have no idea which is true.

12 14.46%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Climate change alters habitats. Habitats alter the atmosphere. It's a positive feedback loop.
    The key word being alters, not destroys. And that is not nearly as drastic as bulldozing 200 acres of forest to build a new subdivision. The two aren't comparable.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Anthropogenic, threatening global warming has the best PR campaign.
    And they got sympathetic media as well.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

poriferan it seems like the first and last options could be condensed to say "i'm clueless"

just a friendly tip.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Global Warming is happening. Ok, Mr. Gore may be a little misleading with his statistics, and I don't think we should be in denial with this while fiasco because that hints at laziness and fear, but I don't think Global Warming is completely man-made. In fact, I'd make the claim that most of it isn't. A great deal probably isn't..how do you explain past phenomena before the days of industries and automobiles? And I don't find it threatening. It'll disrupt the ecosystem, but it is supposed to.

Who are we to try to change the tides of this Earth? We're so goddamn small and meaningless...what happens, happens. Our world, for now, will continue to maintain a sense of harmony. As it has through its ups and downs throughout the last few billion years.

You crazy global warming fanatics crack me up.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Who are we to try to change the tides of this Earth?
    People with a self-preservation instinct.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Global Warming is happening. Ok, Mr. Gore may be a little misleading with his statistics, and I don't think we should be in denial with this while fiasco because that hints at laziness and fear, but I don't think Global Warming is completely man-made. In fact, I'd make the claim that most of it isn't. A great deal probably isn't..how do you explain past phenomena before the days of industries and automobiles? And I don't find it threatening. It'll disrupt the ecosystem, but it is supposed to.

Who are we to try to change the tides of this Earth? We're so goddamn small and meaningless...what happens, happens. Our world, for now, will continue to maintain a sense of harmony. As it has through its ups and downs throughout the last few billion years.

You crazy global warming fanatics crack me up.
    Most forum members live in a place where in a few thousand years they would be under a mile of ice, if they were still there.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    You missed out the option for its happening for natural reasons, but humans are most likely making it happen stronger/faster and it is threatening.

Yeah, this is the one.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    The key word being alters, not destroys. And that is not nearly as drastic as bulldozing 200 acres of forest to build a new subdivision. The two aren't comparable.
    Please elaborate further on what you mean. You admit that they alter each other, habitat and climate, and so bulldozing 200 acres sounds like it could cause a bigger problem/case for concern about the climate. MP was pointing out that they go hand in hand, and you agreed, and yet... what?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Kangol View Post
    Please elaborate further on what you mean. You admit that they alter each other, habitat and climate, and so bulldozing 200 acres sounds like it could cause a bigger problem/case for concern about the climate. MP was pointing out that they go hand in hand, and you agreed, and yet... what?
    No. The whole global warming movement is about one thing, carbon dioxide. Carbon, carbon, carbon, carbon, carbon. Reduce your carbon footprint. Blah blah blah.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    No. The whole global warming movement is about one thing, carbon dioxide. Carbon, carbon, carbon, carbon, carbon. Reduce your carbon footprint. Blah blah blah.
    I thought those concerned with global warming are also generally against destroying forests?