User Tag List

Sniffles

Thumbs down Drunken student caught urinating on war memorial

The image of a drunk student urinating on a war memorial has provoked a furious backlash from relatives who had laid wreaths of poppies in tribute to their loved ones.

John Ievers, the grandson of a World War I soldier who died in 1917, branded student Philip Laing, 19, a 'drunken idiot' for desecrating the memorial in Baker's Pool, Sheffield.

The 49-year-old software sales consultant said: 'I am annoyed - he's a drunken idiot.

'He should be made to clean the streets of Sheffield or do some kind of community service.'

Mr Ievers placed the tribute - a solitary wooden cross with poppy decoration - to his grandfather on the memorial on Remembrance Day last November. Edwin Ievers was 32 when he was killed in France in October 1917.

The youth was one of 2,000 university students taking part in an organised seven-hour pub crawl in Sheffield, during which many familiar scenes of debauchery were seen.

Half-naked women collapsed on the street while young men ran among passing traffic.

But by far the worst moment came when Laing, a sports technology student at Sheffield Hallam University, staggered to the World War I memorial and urinated on it. Other revellers seemed oblivious, but the incident was reported to security staff who washed down the memorial with water.

Read more: Carnage: Shame of drunken student caught urinating on war memorial during mass pub crawl | Mail Online

MBTI
    NICE

Half-naked women collapsed on the street while young men ran among passing traffic.

It's like Ancient Rome over here.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

It's too bad none of those morons were hit by a bus.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    It's too bad none of those morons were hit by a bus.
    The one that was due to hit Mr Pissoir was late. Bloody public transport - never on time.

MBTI
    yupp

this is why I hate people who act stupid drunk. When I drink and go out I have a good time but I at least know how to handle myself so I don't get arrested or make too much of a fool of myself. Then again I'm a pretty laid back drunk, I'll dance if I'm at a club (not on the table or bar) and I'll have fun and laugh but I don't really destroy property or urinate(accept in a toilet or if I get really desperate cuz the city has no public toilets I'll go behind a dumpster in an alley with someone keeping guard, (but I'll usually go just in case before leaving from where ever I am, so that doesn't happen unless the train is unbelievably delayed or strip when drunk. I don't fight when I'm drunk of course, that might be I've gotten past the point in my life wanting to get plastered, but more just have a good time.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    this is why I hate people who act stupid drunk. When I drink and go out I have a good time but I at least know how to handle myself so I don't get arrested or make too much of a fool of myself. Then again I'm a pretty laid back drunk, I'll dance if I'm at a club (not on the table or bar) and I'll have fun and laugh but I don't really destroy property or urinate or strip when drunk. I don't fight when I'm drunk of course, that might be I've gotten past the point in my life wanting to get plastered, but more just have a good time.
    What, you've never pissed on a war memorial when borracho? I find that rather implausible.