First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Not in my experience; I've heard plenty of racist shit from all sorts of people, but I generally had to be alone/within small groups of whites or asians to hear racist stuff, while I've only had to sit or stand beside black people I didn't know to hear the same kind of thing. In my experience, Latinos have been the least racist (at least in the casual, socially acceptable sense I'm referring to). Of course, if someone were being racist in Korean or Spanish, I wouldn't know....
    I don't think how open a person is about their beliefs is a good gauge of how racist they are.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Latinos have been the least racist (at least in the casual, socially acceptable sense I'm referring to). Of course, if someone were being racist in Korean or Spanish, I wouldn't know....
    Don't know about Koreans, but Hispanic culture is very much racially prejudice and institutionally racist within countries. In many ways, more so than our own--in social settings and not.

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Yes, to a certain degree that is correct, but there is still much frustration based on racists attitudes that carry over into family dynamics. The one that comes most readily to mind is the very strict schooling black men get from their families if they are confronted by a police officer.
    So very true.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    Don't know about Koreans, but Hispanic culture is very much racially prejudice and institutionally racist within countries. In many ways, more so than our own--in social settings and not.
    Which hispanic country are you talking about? The white, mixed indian, or mixed black ones?

Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    I thought most people liked White/Asian kids?
    I think in America they get along ok, but some east asians (Japanese) feel they're better than everyone including whites.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Which hispanic country are you talking about? The white, mixed indian, or mixed black ones?
    Practically all of them really. Latin America has had a racial caste system in place for quite some time - with whites on top and mixed race and non-whites on the bottom. The whole notion of there being a single "Mestizo" race is largely a charade promoted to maintain the status quo.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Practically all of them really. Latin America has had a racial caste system in place for quite some time - with whites on top and mixed race and non-whites on the bottom. The whole notion of there being a single "Mestizo" race is largely a charade promoted to maintain the status quo.

Many of the countries completely hide their black ancestry. Mexico, for example. Whitewashing("mejoranda la raza", literally, improving the race) is very common. It essentially means to marry or reproduce with someone who appears more white than you are in order to climb the social ladder.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

Sniffles

Well the Mexican dictator Porfirio Díaz(who was part Indian in ancestry) even wore makeup to try to make himself look more White.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    Latinos in this country are pretty prejudiced as well. I worked in a predominantly Hispanic school once and you would be astonished by what comes out of the mouths of even middle school children. It goes back to the white v. black in their ancestry.

Enneagram
    1w2

The miscegenation hierarchy is typically like this from most preferred to least preferred:
    1. White/Asian
    2. White/Hispanic
    3. Asian/Hispanic
    4. Black/Hispanic
    5. Black/Asian
    6. White/Black

ETA: I forgot to add the sex ratio!

White male/Asian female
    White female/Asian male
    White male/Hispanic female
    White female/Hispanic male
    Hispanic male/Asian female
    Asian male/Hispanic female
    Black male/Hispanic female
    Black male/Asian female
    Black female/hispanic male
    Black female/Asian male
    White male/black female

I know I missed some combos, but that's what I remember from the Census data.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    The whole notion of there being a single "Mestizo" race is largely a charade promoted to maintain the status quo.
    Yes. That really threw me for a loop when I made acquaintances with a few white mexicans and learned of their views. However, if race really had to be broken down it would be white, asian, black. Indians wouldn't have their own category. I thought mestizos were indian and white.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Ridiculous. If it isn't one thing it's another. If someone didn't have to deal with culture clashing, it'd be full-blown racism one way or another, if not that than they'd definitely be part of a different religion or philosophical view and have to hide that from the 'rents. So the whole "Waah, my families have different points of view" is bullshit. Grow a backbone. (Keeping in mind I'm not yelling at anyone.. but that pussy-footing pisses me off.)

To the OP: What a crock. Biracial babies are gorgeous, and variety makes the world go 'round.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge