User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

LOL Louisiana
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Bardwell said he has discussed the topic with blacks and whites, along with witnessing some interracial marriages. He came to the conclusion that most of black society does not readily accept offspring of such relationships, and neither does white society, he said.

"I don't do interracial marriages because I don't want to put children in a situation they didn't bring on themselves," Bardwell said. "In my heart, I feel the children will later suffer."
    And just how is not having a marriage license going to stop them from having children together?

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinebrighter View Post
    As a mixed race child *asain and white* I do understand why he is against it BUT it's not bad to the point where I think I shouldn't have been born.
    Is that because whites and asians tend to be the most racist?

MBTI
    IXFP

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Asians treat me like I'm white, whites treat me like I'm asian. People expects certain things from me based on their precised race and unknowingly piss me off by their ignorant comments.

All races are racist.

MBTI
    INTP

Not in my experience; I've heard plenty of racist shit from all sorts of people, but I generally had to be alone/within small groups of whites or asians to hear racist stuff, while I've only had to sit or stand beside black people I didn't know to hear the same kind of thing. In my experience, Latinos have been the least racist (at least in the casual, socially acceptable sense I'm referring to). Of course, if someone were being racist in Korean or Spanish, I wouldn't know....

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

If you say so. Those stormfront people are always blabbing about protecting the children.
    And the irony is that it's these very people from whom "the children" need protection.

So basically, if you stand to be discriminated against, it's best that you not be born in the first place. Got it.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    And just how is not having a marriage license going to stop them from having children together?
    Yeah, thats what I was wondering.

He either wanted to get in the news or he is working with stormfront or both.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    And the irony is that it's these very people from whom "the children" need protection.

So basically, if you stand to be discriminated against, it's best that you not be born in the first place. Got it.
    It would never occur to those people that it's their attitude that needs to change. If they truly cared about kids, they would advocate mixed race acceptance and help to change perceptions within the culture.

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I'm multiracial and I turned out fine. Haha, no "confusion" here. People don't try and make me "pick" sides. They actually encourage me to say that I am so and so. Maybe my experience is different from most people... But I have noticed that all of my Black cousins (female) all married ugly White dudes to have "mixed" kids. That's fucked up shit right there! But this is more of an issue with the Black community *cough*

I thought most people liked White/Asian kids? I figured being mixed with White/Asian might be a bit different if you were mixed with Black/Hispanic or Black/West Indian, etc. Those type of mixes are pretty common and we typically get a long; there's a long history of this mixing in the Caribbean and South America. I can't speak for Eurasians though
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Not in my experience; I've heard plenty of racist shit from all sorts of people, but I generally had to be alone/within small groups of whites or asians to hear racist stuff, while I've only had to sit or stand beside black people I didn't know to hear the same kind of thing. In my experience, Latinos have been the least racist (at least in the casual, socially acceptable sense I'm referring to). Of course, if someone were being racist in Korean or Spanish, I wouldn't know....
    You're probably right. I've noticed white people have moved their bigoted comments into the "I was just joking!" territory ("Why do you minorities have to be so sensitive?") or covert comments that you have to have more specialized knowledge to pick up on.

Some recent comments I heard this summer:

"You're moving to southeast DC? I wouldn't move there you may find a crack needle bundled in with your Washington Post" or "Which side of Capitol Hill are you on?"or "I live outside the Beltway" or "It's OK, that neighborhood is gentrifying" all of which is code for THAT'S WHERE THE BLACK AND BROWN PEOPLE ARE. BEWARE! And then looking at the black people around to make sure they didn't stick their foot in their mouth.

There's also the "I heard it in a rap song" or "My other black friends don't mind" if they're called on it.

I won't even go into the stuff I heard in college and the things drunk white girls would say about black men.

And professionally:

"Aren't you the administrative assistant? Oh, oh I'm sorry."

So yeah, maybe you're not in a position to hear what's being said, or the context may go over your head, but don't make the assumption it's only being said in small, homogeneous groups or even when alcohol loosens up people's inhibitions.

And I wanted to respond to Elaur comments about blaming things that are dysfunctional in the family on race. Yes, to a certain degree that is correct, but there is still much frustration based on racists attitudes that carry over into family dynamics. The one that comes most readily to mind is the very strict schooling black men get from their families if they are confronted by a police officer.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3