User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 102

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Posts
    3,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    In short, I don't think he's a racist. I think he just applied his personal experiences, made a judgment call without careful reasoning or understanding of the implications, and didn't take proper regard for his level of authority in relation to existing law.
    If you say so. Those stormfront people are always blabbing about protecting the children. What will happen to them? See how they are torn between two cultures? Blah, blah, blah. Their real reason though, is that they don't want to mix any dirty mongrel blood with their "pure" white race.

  2. #12
    Senior Member matmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    NICE
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I don't doubt that the justice had good intentions.
    Good intentions for who - the happy couple?

    Don't be a idiot.

    He can stick his "good intentions" up his arse and fuck off while he's whistling Dixie.

  3. #13
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    If you say so. Those stormfront people are always blabbing about protecting the children. What will happen to them? See how they are torn between two cultures? Blah, blah, blah. Their real reason though, is that they don't want to mix any dirty mongrel blood with their "pure" white race.
    I guess I just find it difficult to imagine why anyone would dislike interracial mixing if they really understood what was going on. When we breed plants and animals of different types together, we often end up with much healthier, stronger variants with the best traits of both parents. The purebred dogs, for instance, are the ones often ridden with illnesses and defects.

    The same thing occurs in small populations of humans that don't let outsiders in, like the Amish. If anything, evidence has shown that the more mixture occurs, the better for the population it is.

  4. #14
    Blah Orangey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I guess I just find it difficult to imagine why anyone would dislike interracial mixing. When we breed plants and animals of different types together, we often end up with much healthier, stronger variants with the best traits of both parents. The purebred dogs, for instance, are the ones often ridden with illnesses and defects.

    The same thing occurs in small populations of humans that don't let outsiders in, like the Amish. If anything, evidence has shown that the more mixture occurs, the better for the population it is.
    Well that's nice and all, but how is this pertinent to the question of whether or not the man is racist?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

  5. #15
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    "It is really astonishing and disappointing to see this come up in 2009," said American Civil Liberties Union of Louisiana attorney Katie Schwartzman. "The Supreme Court ruled as far back as 1963 that the government cannot tell people who they can and cannot marry."

    The ACLU was preparing a letter for the Louisiana Supreme Court, which oversees the state justices of the peace, asking them to investigate Bardwell and see if they can remove him from office, Schwartzman said.
    That's right ACLU... do your thing.

  6. #16
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    He hates the culture clash between his paternal and maternal families.
    Example: Corporal punishment is completely normal from his paternal culture, and he agrees with this, but hates to admit in white culture that he feels his dad raised him right that way. He hates hiding what's acceptable in one culture from the other, and he gave a whole list of stuff he feels he needs to keep quiet about one side when spending time with the other side (there were lots of things both ways).
    Corporal punishment is considered unacceptable in white Canadian culture? He should move down here.

    That dude in the article is a moron, a probable racist, and needs to be fired for failure to carry out his office.

  7. #17
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Well that's nice and all, but how is this pertinent to the question of whether or not the man is racist?
    I guess it's not.

    But I suppose what I wonder is, should we always assume racism is a moral failing rather than an intellectual one? I personally think that would be an error.

    The term "racism" implies that the person is choosing to do something they know is morally and intellectually wrong because it feels good on a visceral level. But I don't think that's the case with all people who show bias against another race.

    I think many of them have a flawed intellectual understanding of the nature of race that causes them to believe that their actions benefit people. They've accepted a rationalization at some point that they have yet to see the flaws in, in other words. So what I'm saying is, in some cases it might be less a disgusting passion or an act of immorality, than mere stupidity, misinterpretation, and misunderstanding of the situations they find themselves in.

    Of course, it's possible that I'm just feeling overly generous right now because I just finished reading a chapter of a book called "How to Win Friends and Influence People," which says personal criticism is always unproductive.

  8. #18
    Senior Member LEGERdeMAIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    so....they guy who denied the marriage license would rather have bastard mixed-race children running around?
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”


  9. #19
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I guess I just find it difficult to imagine why anyone would dislike interracial mixing if they really understood what was going on. When we breed plants and animals of different types together, we often end up with much healthier, stronger variants with the best traits of both parents. The purebred dogs, for instance, are the ones often ridden with illnesses and defects.
    Yes but they look pretty and if you own one people think you have money.

    If you walk around with some "healthy" mut, chances are you are a low class prole or one of those smelly hippies who rescues strays from the pound.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    IXFP
    Posts
    82

    Default

    As a mixed race child *asain and white* I do understand why he is against it BUT it's not bad to the point where I think I shouldn't have been born.

Similar Threads

  1. Tenn. judge refuses to grant straight couple a divorce because … gay marriage
    By Olm the Water King in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 09-09-2015, 03:08 PM
  2. [MBTItm] enfp intj marriage
    By saffron in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 03:01 PM
  3. Pre marriage counseling
    By ptgatsby in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-28-2007, 08:24 PM
  4. Christianity Today Poll (same-sex marriages)
    By Totenkindly in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 09-14-2007, 08:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO