User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Says Robert Bernard Reich, an American politician, academic, writer, and political commentator who served as the twenty-second United States Secretary of Labor under President Bill Clinton, from 1993 to 1997. He was/is also on Obama's economic transition advisory board.

"If you're very old, we're not going to give you all that technology and all those drugs for the last couple of years of your life. Itís too expensive...so we're going to let you die."

See for yourself:

[youtube="IT7Y0TOBuG4"]Let them die[/youtube]

Obama Economics Advisor Robert Reich Blasted for Promoting Death Panels
    Scary stuff.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I don't agree with forcing them to make the choice of dying.
    It's conservatives and libertarians that want to scrap government programs like Medicare, not the Left.

We wouldn't have Medicare without the Left, and then old people who couldn't afford private insurance, would, basically die.

Eventually we will travel to space and new frontiers that will sustain a new population of human beings, but we will never get there if we limit our own growth and advancement.
    Yes, it's NASA that has been making these advancements. There isn't much profit motive to spend billions on a private sector space program just for the sake of humanity's advancement. Maybe space tourism.

Libertarians like Ron Paul want NASA "sold off".

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

This is retared. Risen, it's blatantly obvious that the guy speaking is not describing sincere support for a plan. He is describing how a system is flawed by taking on the fictional role of a presidential candidate who actually tells the truth, and thus reveals the terrible facts. He is using it as a rhetorical mechanism to convey his point.

I don't know anything about the guy. I don't need to. The setup for his little monologue, the content of what he is saying, his delivery, and the timing of the applause all make my conclusion obvious.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    This is retared. Risen, it's blatantly obvious that the guy speaking is not describing sincere support for a plan. He is describing how a system is flawed by taking on the fictional role of a presidential candidate who actually tells the truth, and thus reveals the terrible facts. He is using it as a rhetorical mechanism to convey his point.

I don't know anything about the guy. I don't need to. The setup for his little monologue, the content of what he is saying, his delivery, and the timing of the applause all make my conclusion obvious.
    And what flawed system is he describing? Do not say the current system. If he is describing the current system, he is living in an alternate universe. You're an INTP, give me evidence for your interpretation, prove that he is not describing the real nature of a potential health care system (not a current one).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I hate calling people wrong all the time, but I'm listening to the entire speech he gave to get its full context, and I was indeed correct about it. You can download it here if you're brave enough to augment your thinking for once and stop acting like a blind and deaf child.

Video: Robert Reich Reveals Obama’s Lies on Health Reform (Updated) | Verum Serum

MBTI
    INTJ

I agree with you Risen. While the guy was being sarcastic, he was in fact bringing light to the hidden truth of the issue.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Liminality View Post
    Yay, kill all the oldies! I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

Why put age as a factor for treatment. Why don't they do it case by case basis: should they give a 67 yo who is productive and active and in otherwise good health an angioplasty over a 20 yo meth addict who got hurt in a car accident?

How do you decide who is worth it? I understand if someone is terminal .. esp. if they want to end their life in dignity .. I'm all for euthanasia.

There are many young adults out there who are useless and hopeless and not worth my tax dollars. They've wasted their lives watching reality TV, American Idol, and playing video games and go on to become zombies, addicts, parasites.

I'd rather give grandpa, who has worked his ass off for many years those 10 extra years than these losers who will just put a strain on society for the next 60 years.

Plus .. didn't you guys know, 60s is the next 40s!