User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    STFU

Default why would a liberal want obama to be assassinated?

from conversations i have had with many people, i find this fascination with obama's assassination quite interesting. especially when i listen to liberals talk about it.

i cant count on my fingers how many liberals i have spoken to before and after obama's election who mentioned obama's potential assassination as if it was just some known, inevitable fact of life. even them joking about it. its like a large percent of the population is collectively agreeing this into reality.

in fact, conservatives talk about it less. well, the conservatives i know. outside of my professional life i don't associate with the facist, racist, bible toting, inbred republicans that so many liberals love to reference for lack of a realistic world-view.

i have no statistics to reference, so i am attributing this to my own percieved understanding, but i would go as far to say that many of these liberals who talk about obama's assassination actually, deep down, want him to be assassinated.

why? i dont know. maybe it gives them an excuse to openly fight the other side and say "we knew you were all racists!", or whatever.

im sure many far-right republicans probably want the same catalyst to whatever outcome they have in mind. they would probably say it was the CIA that killed him.

i'm not saying most liberals want this. im just saying there is a growing percentage who do, which is disturbing. why would a liberal vote for obama if they "know" he's going to be assassinated?
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

MBTI
    ENFJ

Simple. They want him to become a martyr.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

I don't know anyone who wants Obama to be assassinated. But, I do know plenty of people who wouldn't mind, they're all right-wing rednecks who hate blacks, even half-blacks.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    I don't know anyone who wants Obama to be assassinated. But, I do know plenty of people who wouldn't mind, they're all right-wing rednecks who hate blacks, even half-blacks.
    They are an extreme minority.

As for Obama and the liberal unconscious hopes for martyrdom, I think that's a likely theory. Liberals and conservatives tend to think very differently, and I don't know any conservatives who'd think, consciously or unconsciously, along the lines of holding out for/expecting the possibility of a beloved political leader being assasinated just so their views about the world and the opposition can be affirmed and all of their pent up hatred can be directed towards the other side. The only ones who think like that are the people logic described. However, they think it consciously which is quite different, and worse. Most of the people on the right fear the possibility of something like that, because the backlash would be extreme. It would divide the country in two, mostly because of the unconscious baggage and animosity the left seems to hold towards the right.

There's a lot more to this psychologically, but it's hard for me to fully grasp the subject since I don't have a great deal of background info.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Might have something to do with it.

Beyond partisan BS, Liberals don't have much to gain from Obama being assassinated. Biden as president?

Say Obama gets assassinated in his first term, Biden becomes president and finishes out the term and loses the next election to a Republican. How does getting the Republican party back in power help Liberals? Did anyone vote for Obama because Biden was on the ticket? Probably, but not enough to get Biden in for four years on his own. It would be more likely that Biden would step down and let another Democrat(clinton?) run against whoever the Republican candidate would be. Hopefully they'll find someone better than they did last time. McCain doesn't need to be President. I thought he was alright at first, but fuck, why pick Palin as vice president when it's a good possibility that the old fucker is going to die in office? I think if conservatives, alternately, should want someone dead it'd be Palin.... Words can't describe what a moron she is. Go fuck a moose. Rambling, sorry, it's late, I'm bored. If you don't like it, read the next post or make a suggestion to move this post to the graveyard, thats HOW IT WORKS.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    They are an extreme minority.
    Not really. Many people have a prejudice towards ethnic minorities, but only 20-30% are as open as the white nationalists. Another 30-40%, show it by only getting seriously involved with their own race, and hoping the same for their children. Not to mention, the other subtle ways minorities are undermined.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

^^ Yep. The types who have no problem with people of other races, until their daughter tries to marry one of those people.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    ^^ Yep. The types who have no problem with people of other races, until their daughter tries to marry one of those people.
    THOSE people exist on both the right and the left, but the people who go around consciously espousing hateful and racist rhetoric are a minority. "HATING blacks" is different than having subconscious or even conscious levels of prejudice, in reference to what Maybelogic was saying.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Beyond partisan BS
    Partisan BS like the below?

You do realize that rednecks is an offensive term. So you are being offensive to an entire group of people while spouting off about people who are offensive to an entire group of people.