First 345

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Edit: Actually, I think Glenn Beck might be worse than Rush.
    I think he is "worse" because he doesn't tow the party line so it makes people listen closer. It surprises people when he just says what he thinks. It's scary when someone involved in politics doesn't always say what we expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I fully agree.

[YOUTUBE="P_lgTIZ22jE"]LOL[/YOUTUBE]
    Kind of like a Foxnews version of the colbert report. I will assume from now on that Glenn Beck is being intentionally funny.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I think he is "worse" because he doesn't tow the party line so it makes people listen closer.
    Well neither does Rush. In fact, it's the other way around, Republicans bow down to him.

They're both not to be taken seriously, but Beck is more low-brow.

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    Kind of like a Foxnews version of the colbert report. I will assume from now on that Glenn Beck is being intentionally funny.
    No, that's a serious piece. It takes a serious Glenn Beck fan to tell the difference between the two

MBTI
    STFU

Quote Originally Posted by rainoneventide View Post
    Anybody who wants anyone assassinated is a freaking psychopath.
    That sort of desire has nothing to do with politics. Seriously.
    I don't believe the majority of liberals want Obama to die... that's such a baseless claim, it's not even funny.
    nobody said that except for you just now. in fact, i made it a point to reiterate that its not a majority. and i agree, it isnt funny.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Speculation about a possible assassination is warranted, black leaders and Presidents have a history of getting their brains blown out. But this wouldn't help the liberal movement.
    i agree. nonetheless i have met a few liberals who were pretty much frothing at the mouths for something like this to happen. i dont just make shit like this up. my question is what would a martyred obama achieve for these people?
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

Quote Originally Posted by r.a View Post
    nobody said that except for you just now. in fact, i made it a point to reiterate that its not a majority. and i agree, it isnt funny.

i agree. nonetheless i have met a few liberals who were pretty much frothing at the mouths for something like this to happen. i dont just make shit like this up. my question is what would a martyred obama achieve for these people?
    That would be a lot of people's question, considering King, Kennedy and other assassinated leaders actually did something.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by r.a View Post
    And his answer was "nothing." And since it is pretty clear that a martyred Obama would achieve nothing, we can infer that, in all probability, nobody on the left really wants it to happen. Especially since these people presumably support him because of the changes they hope he will make to the country, which he won't be making if he's in the grave.

So it comes down to likelihood...is it more likely that there ARE a group of weirdos who simultaneously support Obama and want him to be martyred for no reason whatsoever (or some weird psychological reason), as you are saying is the case ? Or is it more likely that you, random internet person, just made that shit up in your head (or mis-perceived the motivation behind these people's comments)?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    STFU

And his answer was "nothing." And since it is pretty clear that a martyred Obama would achieve nothing, we can infer that, in all probability, nobody on the left really wants it to happen. Especially since these people presumably support him because of the changes they hope he will make to the country, which he won't be making if he's in the grave.
    believe it or not, orangey, not every member of a group or political party has the same intentions or ambitions. how many millions of democrats are there in this country? obviously, there is such thing as maladjusted democrats and republicans and libertarians and black people and white people etc.

So it comes down to likelihood...is it more likely that there ARE a group of weirdos who simultaneously support Obama and want him to be martyred for no reason whatsoever (or some weird psychological reason), as you are saying is the case ? Or is it more likely that you, random internet person, just made that shit up in your head (or mis-perceived the motivation behind these people's comments)?
    its likely that the world is a pretty big place full of lots of different types of people that perhaps you haven't experienced yet.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti