User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    IXFP

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Well thank you VERY much for listening . I'm sorry if I offended you with rudeness.
    It's ok. Too many people in this world stop listening after "You are wrong." Why waste time talking to people to will not listen anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Partisan BS like the below?

You do realize that rednecks is an offensive term. So you are being offensive to an entire group of people while spouting off about people who are offensive to an entire group of people.
    No. I'm not. If my redneck friends call themselves rednecks with a great deal of pride, why should I call them something else? To be politically correct? fuck that. I'm not your tool.

Also, I was only saying that rednecks tend to be white supremacists. Obviously the previous statement is subjective and derived from my own experience(which is, incidentally, the only experience I have) with rednecks, who usually can be found on friday nights at local bars with REDNECK and in smaller letters AND PROUD OF IT printed on their tucked in t-shirts.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

If I went and spent my time telling everybody they are wrong, and specifically why they are wrong, I'd never have time to to eat or sleep.

In any case, he associates himself with libertarians because he is rather heavily for social freedoms but fiscally conservative. He has no qualms going against the republican party. He is heavily anti-government regulation. His stances on war are also more libertarian in that he doesn't really believe in meddling so much militarily in foreign countries, but he doesn't believe that once a conflict is started that we should just up and quit. If we start something, we've gotta finish it. In any case, i observe that he floats somewhere in between conservative and libertarian.
    I agree that Beck is a libertarian on certain issues, but I wouldn't say, based on all 2 hours of his show I've watched, that he's a Libertarian. I would say he's a right-wing republican with some libertarian values.

Also, I think he's an idiot, but, maybe it's an act. I don't know.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    I agree that Beck is a libertarian on certain issues, but I wouldn't say, based on all 2 hours of his show I've watched, that he's a Libertarian. I would say he's a right-wing republican with some libertarian values.

Also, I think he's an idiot, but, maybe it's an act. I don't know.
    Much of his show has a comedy side to it to draw in viewers to the often very serious and otherwise boring subject matter. Many rationals are turned off by the humor aspects and the way he sometimes emphasizes emotion. I don't care about that, the guy pumps out more solid information than anyone else on radio or television. Also, don't go lumping republicans and conservatives.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Anybody who wants anyone assassinated is a freaking psychopath.
    That sort of desire has nothing to do with politics. Seriously.
    I don't believe the majority of liberals want Obama to die... that's such a baseless claim, it's not even funny.

Speaking of baseless claims: Glenn Beck "pumps out more solid information than anyone else on radio or television."

I'm sorry, but wtf??
    "So I say, live and let live. Thats my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who cant go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Much of his show has a comedy side to it to draw in viewers to the often very serious and otherwise boring subject matter. Many rationals are turned off by the humor aspects and the way he sometimes emphasizes emotion. I don't care about that, the guy pumps out more solid information than anyone else on radio or television. Also, don't go lumping republicans and conservatives.
    Now I know you're just trolling.

MBTI
    INxJ

the guy pumps out more solid information than anyone else on radio or television.

Yeah, Glenn Beck is funny because he contradicts himself, he's a flake, he's inarticulate.....Is his show prerecorded or live? He shouldn't be doing anything live. He's the kind of host who really needs a script and acting lessons. I've gotten better information from that Maddow woman, msnbc, I think thats her name. Kind of reminds me of Tina Fey, except she's supposed to be serious. I've also gotten better information from weirdasianews.com.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Milton Friedman self-identified as a libertarian, and he didn't care for the term "conservative" to describe himself. I agree on your point, though. Between the "success" of Reagan in the '80s and the continual aggrandizement of the Religious right and anti-intellectualism in general, the Republican Party and the mainstream conservative movement has gone completely off the rails. The Bush Administration, with Wilsonian/Johnsonian foreign policy and domestic spending, should have been the last straw.
    It's not looking good, and then when you factor in the changing demographics of the US, they are screwed. They can't be a white southern party anymore.

I don't see them making much inroads with minority voters. And by 2040, whites are projected to be the new minority.

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    Yeah, Glenn Beck is funny because he contradicts himself, he's a flake, he's inarticulate.....Is his show prerecorded or live? He shouldn't be doing anything live. He's the kind of host who really needs a script and acting lessons. I've gotten better information from that Maddow woman, msnbc, I think thats her name. Kind of reminds me of Tina Fey, except she's supposed to be serious. I've also gotten better information from weirdasianews.com.
    Apparently people who know Beck will tell you in private that it is some kind of act. Was it not especially obvious with the fake crying?

I don't think he's that stupid, but his audience is, and they eat it up.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Much of his show has a comedy side to it
    I fully agree.

[YOUTUBE="P_lgTIZ22jE"]LOL[/YOUTUBE]
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness